Eskimos 27 - Lions 14, Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

Blue In BC wrote: ...
IMO, this is worthy of a 3 game suspension.
One thing I am proud of both Lions fans and Lions players don't seem too impressed either. Lots of times, IMO, fans/players defend their team no matter what. 3 game suspension? Sounds about right, IMO. I thought the Jimenez hit on Johnson deserved a game.
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:
One thing I am proud of both Lions fans and Lions players don't seem too impressed either. Lots of times, IMO, fans/players defend their team no matter what. 3 game suspension? Sounds about right, IMO. I thought the Jimenez hit on Johnson deserved a game.
IMHO, the Jimenez hit deserved much more than this particular incident on Mitchell, Jimenez went after the guys career, while Mitchell was going for a half a season injury and deserves to be sitting for that length of time at least. I would like to think that the CFL is the players league and as such each player have an understanding that nobody is going to get rich at this, so they need to be able to function after football.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:
Well I thought the Jimenez hit was a dirty hit but I don't know whether an injury could have been anticipated. That's just an opinion on an OL hitting a moving target. Although I felt the end result should have resulted in a suspension at the time.

Mitchell's play fell into a different category. One I hope to never see again.

What's next, stomping on a QB's head? Not meaning Mitchell would do this but it has happened in the NFL. Some actions are just too obvious to ignore.

The hit Emry took a RP a couple of weeks ago. C'mon. QB lying on the ground and that was not a gentle tap to touch him down. It was not a play where he could have slowed down since the QB was not attempting to get up.

I'm glad Trestman pulled him to the sideines but felt that was a play where he should have been tossed from the game at the very least.
Last edited by Blue In BC on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Since the league is limited in what it can do to punish a player, it would seem appropriate for Benevides to do something like putting Mitchell off the 42 man roster and on the 46 man roster. For how long I honestly don't know what would be appropriate.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:Since the league is limited in what it can do to punish a player, it would seem appropriate for Benevides to do something like putting Mitchell off the 42 man roster and on the 46 man roster. For how long I honestly don't know what would be appropriate.

He gets paid on the 46 man roster so I would think that is contrary to the league's mandate of a suspension. A suspension is without pay and by definition he comes off the active roster onto the " suspended " roster as an inactive player . That allows the team to move somebody to the 46 man roster and therefore onto the 42 man roster.