Clermont

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:
Tighthead wrote:
Rammer wrote:[I think that I am going with an Otis Floyd jersey now, should I or shouldn't I?
My sports policy is to only get retired players on a jersey. Suits my cheap and nostalgic nature.
I think I'm with you from now on.

So my 3rd jersey will either get a retired player on it (maybe Kidd if he retires) or I might just put Section 17 on it instead - something that will NEVER go out of style!
And that's exactly why I put my own number and name on my 2003 anniversary jersey...........players will come and go........but I will always be me. :wink:
Lloyd
Gerry
Legend

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
LFITQ wrote:
Tighthead wrote:
My sports policy is to only get retired players on a jersey. Suits my cheap and nostalgic nature.

So my 3rd jersey will either get a retired player on it (maybe Kidd if he retires) or I might just put Section 17 on it instead - something that will NEVER go out of style!
And that's exactly why I put my own number and name on my 2003 anniversary jersey...........players will come and go........but I will always be me. :wink:
Oh. You haven't heard.

We've traded you to Argofans.

:lol:
Bosco
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:
Shi Zi Mi wrote:
LFITQ wrote:I think I'm with you from now on.

The bc49 approach -- take a rarely used number (has any Lion of note ever worn 49?) not associated with a popular player and make it your own. I don't own a Lions jersey myself, but if I ever get one, that's my plan.
What....and retire those psychedelic shirts that I've grown accustomed to?? :shock: :wink:
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Gerry wrote:
Shi Zi Mi wrote:
LFITQ wrote:

Oh. You haven't heard.

D'ohhh....... :bang: :bang: :bang: .......well, I guess it could have been worse..........I could be a member of Rider Nation !! :shock:
Lloyd
Gerry
Legend

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
Gerry wrote:
Shi Zi Mi wrote:
Oh. You haven't heard.

D'ohhh....... :bang: :bang: :bang: .......well, I guess it could have been worse..........I could be a member of Rider Nation !! :shock:
Pheew! Thanks for taking it so well.

After I hit "submit" I was afraid that you might not take it well and be really pissed off at me. :lol:
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

There's no shame in being an Argofan. Riders or Esks, well, that's another story...........

If it weren't for AF, I wouldn't have gotten the scoop on the 13thman hotel.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
SammyGreene
Team Captain

The latest on Clermont:
Darrell Davis, The Leader-Post

Upon leaving the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., Saskatchewan Roughriders general manager Eric Tillman returned a phone message from the Leader-Post seeking updates on several subjects, ranging from slotback Jason Clermont to personnel director-to-be Joe Womack to the CFL team's coaching staff.

With Clermont, a Regina product, unsuccessfully trying to secure a new contract with the B.C. Lions, there are reports he could join theRoughriders via trade or as a free agent, after his contract expires in 2008.

"Given his ties to Regina, I understand the speculation,'' Tillman said Monday night, before stating he has had no "substantive'' discussions with B.C. head coach/general manager Wally Buono.

"The most probable scenario is that Jason will be in B.C. for the balance of his contract. I know what kind of character he is, so I know he will honour his contract and the B.C. Lions will honour the final year of Jason's contract. After that, we'll see what happens.''
As for Rider fans suggesting Tillman is better waiting until '08.... fair enough but this is also a window of opportunity to land a homegrown premier Canadian slotback now before it possibly closes again.

Clermont did suggest last week in the Province he could see himself sitting down with Wally to hammer out a new deal during the season ? something that he has done recently with Geroy and Otis Floyd, among others. A lot could change once he is back out in B.C. for the season and he and the Lions are off to a good start.
Clermont left the door open slightly. "The next time we can discuss [a deal] is hopefully five weeks into the season when I'm healthy."
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

IMHO, what Tillman should concern himself with the most..........is the realization that there is a lot more money to be made in real estate in Vancouver then in Saskatoon.......and when that realization is going to hit LION82.

The old adage of "bird in the hand" should be foremost in Tillman's mind. If he chooses to "cheap out" and wait for LION82 to become available for free in 2008, he risks LION82 having a change of heart during 2007 and signing a long term contract with the Lions.
Lloyd
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:
Tighthead wrote:
Rammer wrote: I might just put Section 17 on it instead - something that will NEVER go out of style!
Great... now the wrecking balls will take down BC Place, and if we ever get a new one the sections will be named in the hundred levels like Skydome.

Thanks Ken. :bang:
Blitz
Team Captain

It will be interesting to see if the Leos do sign Clermont at some point during the 2007 season. Right now Clermont wants 'go to' receiver money as a premier receiver in the league.

No question Clermont brings a lot of attributes, including size, strength, and excellent hands. He's also an excellent blocker who can be used in a tight end set and both block and also catch. He is one tough receiver to bring down once he catches a ball.

However, I also wouldn't be suprised to see the Leos go with Boden in Clermont's spot in 2008 if he develops well this season. With Colon and Jackson as the other three Canadian receivers with Geroy Simon the Leos could still have a strong pass recieving corps. They will also likely draft a Canadian receiver in this year's Canadian college draft.

It won't be easy to say goodbye to a Canadian reciever of Clermont's abilities. His style of play, along with his character, are also attributes that make him a fan favorite. It will likely come down to money and Saskatchewan could open up the pocket book 'big time' for him to return.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)