Any Doubters That Buono Has Lost Control?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

zark
Champion

BTW...neither White Spot nor Boston Pizza are CFL supporters.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

zark wrote:BTW...neither White Spot nor Boston Pizza are CFL supporters.
BP shows games and they used to sell a package of tickets and pizza for one low price.

Sometimes I think of writing to Jim and asking why they stopped.
Last edited by KnowItAll on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
joe kapp22
Legend

Lion Guy wrote:
Area51 wrote:
ziggy wrote:

Is this not the same guy who last year claimed to have inside knowledge of the Lions player having women up to their rooms prior to the Montreal final? Wonder where he gets his info?

No "inside information" it's what I saw first hand. I was Montreal staying at the same hotel as the Lions that weekend and happened to be in the elevator with a few Lions when I came in Saturday night. The door opened at their floor and there were "ladies" everywhere. As soon as I saw that scene I knew what the outcome would be against the Als.

Not Buono & his clipboard buddies problem though - - they didn't invite the "ladies" up there did they? All on the players, nothing to do with the coaches as per usual in BC.

Or maybe I was totally wrong and it was just an Avon convention that happened to be sharing the same floor as the Lions were.

Imagine that; football players have sex with ladies. Now I've heard everything. I bet Rickey Foley would never have sex with ladies.

Well, that is more or less my view on Coach Buono, the funny thing is coming into this season all of the talk was about the Defence and how bad it was , the D has been magnificient this season, but the team on the whole is quite young, more or less a classic Rebuilding season.

Meanwhile, fair or not, you are correct, barring Casey Printers misques and we would be the hottest team in the West heading into playoff season.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:Players do quit on coaches..especially in situations where they have long term one way contracts like in pro hockey. However quitting on a coach or a player inthe CFL, where job security is almost non-existent is very highly unlikely.
just for clarity... I was suggesting the team might have quit on Printers, not WB specifically. But by quitting on Printers there were handing WB an ultimatum of sorts.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

The_Pauser wrote:One small thing that iirks me about Angus Reid's comments, aside from the obvious, is how he sort of takes a small jab at Casey's performance. I know he was talking about Casey's attitude in the lockerroom, but he seemed to hint that Casey's performance was subpar. I think what Angus needs to do is own up and take some responsibility for not providing better protection for Casey (and Lulay for that matter).
Angus is bitter about his de-motion on the field and in his wallet. It`s time he pick up the slack and show some leadership. He keeps alluding to Casey not being one.... so the guy was the highest paid player on the team, so that makes Casey the one to show it?? Shut your pie hole chunky boy and lets see you talk the talk. Getting tired of him flapping his lips. Casey never had a chance (nor the other QB's) with the musical chairs Dorazio was playing. The useless play calling was also his undoing. Unless they toss that play book and start fresh, we'll be seeing this picture again next season. Good for Casey tossing his helmet and showing his displeasure and some emotion, I'd be pissed as well. They call the Canucks the goalie grave yard, guess the Lions can be called the QB grave yard. :bang:

Next up, get rid of Chappy and Dorazio. Someone from that side needs to pay for their inability to prep these guys.
pennw
Legend

I think Angus is being a spokesman for the team . Kudos to him for having the courage to speak up , what needs to be said . Us fans being kept in the dark serves no useful purpose. So many here just seem to want him to shut up because it doesn't mesh with the views being espoused by some of the "in the know crowd " here . Had we been kept in the dark about this we'd be wondering what's going on , getting mad . Maybe some here thrive on us being kept ignorant so that they can then keep pushing their skewed views on the rest , but Reid throws a wrench into that , contradicting our insiders here . What's wrong with us knowing the truth ?
Gerry
Legend

pennw wrote:I think Angus is being a spokesman for the team . Kudos to him for having the courage to speak up , what needs to be said . Us fans being kept in the dark serves no useful purpose. So many here just seem to want him to shut up because it doesn't mesh with the views being espoused by some of the "in the know crowd " here . Had we been kept in the dark about this we'd be wondering what's going on , getting mad . Maybe some here thrive on us being kept ignorant so that they can then keep pushing their skewed views on the rest , but Reid throws a wrench into that , contradicting our insiders here . What's wrong with us knowing the truth ?
:thup:
Enough is enough.
bbking
Starter

Rodu wrote:When I was little, White Spot used to give away this neat cardboard pirate ship with the kids meal or whatever it was called. It had a chocolate dollar, and a Playmobile pirate with accessories

Arrrrrrrrrrrgghh matey.

Well shiver me timbers how kin ye forget the name of the grand old ship PIRATE PACK.

There be many a times past when the little ones be in a devilish mood spoilin' for a fightin'.

The good ship Pirate Pack would come a sailin' in to sooth the pains of hunger.

There be more treasure in the Pirate Pack than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.

If it be helpin', id give me good eye to be in the hearin' of words spoke in the Casey locker room.

Arr, me hearty, Casey be feeling lower than a bilge rat on a sinkin ship .

He be the captain of his own ship without a crew now.

It be best he settin' his sails for the sunset ne'er to return.

All be left are legends unfulfilled like treasure chests ne'er be found.

Avast ye buccaneers on the troubled ship Buono, or ye face the fate of a Scallywag.

Arrggghhhhhhh matey, we hopes ye'll find that the rest be comin' much easier now.
“It just shows,” he said to the reporters, “that you guys don’t always see what you think you see.”
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I guess a recital of Casey at the Bat would be next as there is no joy in Mudville :violin:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Finally some people that know how to deal with a troll thread.

Excellent. Well done folks.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote:I think Angus is being a spokesman for the team . Kudos to him for having the courage to speak up , what needs to be said . Us fans being kept in the dark serves no useful purpose. So many here just seem to want him to shut up because it doesn't mesh with the views being espoused by some of the "in the know crowd " here . Had we been kept in the dark about this we'd be wondering what's going on , getting mad . Maybe some here thrive on us being kept ignorant so that they can then keep pushing their skewed views on the rest , but Reid throws a wrench into that , contradicting our insiders here . What's wrong with us knowing the truth ?
Why is this a troll thread? Why can't he post his thoughts? It is not like others haven't pretty much said similar kinds of things.

Where do you draw the line on this type of talk? Geroy doesn't feel this way. Should Geroy come out and say the opposite? That sort of stuff by Reid divides teams. Players play, coaches coach. When the lines start blurring as to who is talking for the team and who is playing you know you have issues.

Over the years this offense has had too much attributed to what the players said. Even Wally has blabbed more than he should about the players wanting Chadelaine back, then having him at field level and then Kruck not being liked etc etc. Unfortunately the more these guys got their way, the more their offense lost its way.

Most players feel for a guy who gets cut as they realize that someday - any day - that too could be them going out.

Angus Reid might spend a little less time yapping and a bit more time studying some film on his own play as one of the MAIN problems with Lion QBs has been the ineptness of their offensive line. If Reid played as well as he is talking now then I'd cut him some slack but he has hardly been knocking DTs on their butt this season and he has done his fair share of letting guys through and causing all the Lion QBs a lot of grief.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
mightybuck
Legend

You can never go wrong with BP
I love Boston Pizza
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
bbking
Starter

Solar Max wrote:Finally some people that know how to deal with a troll thread.

Excellent. Well done folks.

A troll be more loathsome than a scurvy dog .

Only remedy is a good keelhaulin' till the barnacles all be remove from the bottom of the ship.

Followed up with a mighty thrashin' with the cat o'nine tails.

Then made to walk the plank to meet their miserable fate in Davy Jones' Locker.

Arrr, yo ho ho.
“It just shows,” he said to the reporters, “that you guys don’t always see what you think you see.”
Blitz
Team Captain

Toppy Vann wrote:
Why is this a troll thread? Why can't he post his thoughts? It is not like others haven't pretty much said similar kinds of things.

Where do you draw the line on this type of talk? Geroy doesn't feel this way. Should Geroy come out and say the opposite? That sort of stuff by Reid divides teams. Players play, coaches coach. When the lines start blurring as to who is talking for the team and who is playing you know you have issues.

Over the years this offense has had too much attributed to what the players said. Even Wally has blabbed more than he should about the players wanting Chadelaine back, then having him at field level and then Kruck not being liked etc etc. Unfortunately the more these guys got their way, the more their offense lost its way.

Most players feel for a guy who gets cut as they realize that someday - any day - that too could be them going out.

Angus Reid might spend a little less time yapping and a bit more time studying some film on his own play as one of the MAIN problems with Lion QBs has been the ineptness of their offensive line. If Reid played as well as he is talking now then I'd cut him some slack but he has hardly been knocking DTs on their butt this season and he has done his fair share of letting guys through and causing all the Lion QBs a lot of grief.
Who made Angus the team spokesman. Never knew that was his role on the team. Always thought it was to play center, call out the line blocking schemes. This season it was to be a backup center for Valli, who got hurt. Angus main role is to protect the quarterback and create some lanes for our tailback. We haven't done a great job in that department. Oh...also forgot...Angus wasn't on the field in overtime....seems he was cramped up. Perhaps a tongue crramp might do him some good in the future. :wink:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Yank In BC wrote:Not much help there 51.

I kind of like the burgers at White Spot but the Spicy Perogy Pizza at BP is tough to beat.
I hold out for a double double animal style at In N Out. Those are fantastic.