“We don’t know squat,” admits Hamilton Councillor

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:So after all the angst and hand-wringing and drama, the solution is to refurbish the ol' dump? Cripes. I think Shakespeare wrote a play about this.
Hamleton?

Sorry. :wink:

DH
I was thinking Much Ado About Nothing, but I like your answer better.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Hamilton council votes Wednesday night. There are some fools on there who like to feel their power by withholding their approval. There would seem to be a chance that the group might not agree on the newest proposal.

Comedy of Errors? Et tu Bratina? What is that light from yonder window? Um, it's just a steel mill doing its burning in the wee hours of the night.

Hamilton would be tough enough to live in without that idiotic, self-serving, politically posing council.

Would God that they approve Young's proposal. It would make a great improvement on rickety old Ivor Wynne stadium.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/artic ... ty-council
“We don’t know squat,” said Councillor Brenda Johnson. “And I think we need to know squat.”
She got that right. The ones with the power of the decision don't know squat, but they do know how to play politics to their constituents. Meanwhile the outside world sees them for the stupidity they display at every turn.
... the unanimous vote doesn’t mark an end to Hamilton’s prolonged Pan Am saga. The mood around the table at Wednesday’s meeting was stark, with many councillors expressing doubt about the lack of detail and the potential costs of the proposal. Council spent much of Wednesday night’s debate railing against the process, the Cats, the lack of information on the table and the public nature of the debate.
Of course they would rather debate in private, away from the prying eyes of the rest of the world.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

David wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:So after all the angst and hand-wringing and drama, the solution is to refurbish the ol' dump? Cripes. I think Shakespeare wrote a play about this.
Hamleton?

Sorry. :wink:

DH
Definitely a Leo Groenewegen or John LaGrone on that pun David.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.