2009-10 Vancouver Canucks Season Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Good to hear that there will be a reunion for the Sedins soon.

Speaking of Peter Forsberg, if he is signed, he will become the Dave Dickenson of the Canucks. When uninjured, Forsberg is great and lethal. Unfortunately like Dickenson, Forsberg is extremely injury prone. And his rising age won't help things either.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Finally, a great performance of the Canucks in an 8-2 win.

It may or may not be a double whammy for both Vancouver and Montreal, more Vancouver as they're playing in the same day.

Saturday, the Canadiens hosts the Red Wings, and of course the Alouettes host the Lions on Sunday.

But for the city of Vancouver, they can take redemption both ways as the Lions need to beat the Alouettes on Sunday, and then the Canucks need to take care of the team that eliminated them last season, the Chicago Blackhawks.

I remember very well on Sunday, November 20, 1988, the city of Vancouver won two visiting games. First the Lions beat the Eskimos for the first time ever in a playoff game at Commonwealth, and then the Canucks beat the Blackhawks in Chicago later on that night.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Darn, Peter Forsberg has decided to stay home in Sweden.
祝你龍年行大運。
Rammer
Team Captain

Robbie wrote:Darn, Peter Forsberg has decided to stay home in Sweden.

But Naslund will partner up with him and come out of retirement.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:

In your dreams... :pray:
祝你龍年行大運。
Rammer
Team Captain

Robbie wrote:
Rammer wrote:

In your dreams... :pray:
They are about to with MoDo in Sweden.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

http://communities.canada.com/theprovin ... mpics.aspx
Naslund, Forsberg re-unite with Modo, could be in Vancouver for 2010 Olympics

By benkuzma Tue, Nov 17 2009 The White Towel

So much for retiring.
Markus Naslund and Peter Forsberg will re-unite to play for Modo of the Swedish Elite League and could be in Vancouver representing their country in the 2010 Winter Olympics.
Naslund announced in a release that he hopes to skate with Modo in a few weeks after the former Vancouver Canucks captain gets his conditioning up to speed.
"I will do anything to get in shape and hope I can add something on the ice, but as everybody understands it's not just to get on the ice and perform," Naslund said. "I'm really looking forward to play with Modo again and the fact that Peter and I will do it together is of course something really special."
Naslund and Forsberg played four seasons with Modo and also repesented Sweden at the World Junior Hockey Championship, World Championship and the Winter Olympics.
According to reports, Naslund and Forsberg have both turned down salaries with the team will play for free.
Naslund scored 395 goals and recorded 869 points in his 15-year NHL career.

bkuzma@theprovince.com
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

If that's the case, then should Canuck fans honour their long time captain by supporting Team Sweden?

祝你龍年行大運。
Rammer
Team Captain

Robbie wrote:If that's the case, then should Canuck fans honour their long time captain by supporting Team Sweden?

Yes I think that would be the action that Canuck fans should undertake. Combine Naslund and the entire Swedish Division on the Canucks lineup and at least half of Sweden has a Canuck flavour on it. :good:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

That goes back to the issue of City vs. Country.

If for any reason Roberto Luongo is NOT given a spot on Team Canada, then there's more reason to hope that Team Sweden's successfully defends their gold medal at the expense of Team Canada who may not have Canucks on their roster.
祝你龍年行大運。
bclions16
Champion

Robbie wrote:That goes back to the issue of City vs. Country.

If for any reason Roberto Luongo is NOT given a spot on Team Canada, then there's more reason to hope that Team Sweden's successfully defends their gold medal at the expense of Team Canada who may not have Canucks on their roster.
You can't be serious. You would be a treasonous fool as a Canadian with the Olympics on home soil and in your own back yard, for the sake of some foreign former players on a pro team. Then again maybe you are serious, as you do have endless conversations with yourself in several ignored off topic threads.

Cheer for your country dude. If you are so nostalgic for old Canuck players just watch some DVDs or something.

Unreal.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Robbie
Hall of Famer

What about CURRENT Canucks then?

These brothers have served very well for the city of Vancouver. So the least I can do is show their gratitude and hope they can win another gold medal.

If you had a brother competing for South Korea in speed skating while you don't know anyone personally for Canada's speed skating team, you would root and support your brother, wouldn't you?
祝你龍年行大運。
bclions16
Champion

Robbie wrote:What about CURRENT Canucks then?

These brothers have served very well for the city of Vancouver. So the least I can do is show their gratitude and hope they can win another gold medal.
No, The least you can do is show your gratitude to your own country.
Robbie wrote:If you had a brother competing for South Korea in speed skating while you don't know anyone personally for Canada's speed skating team, you would root and support your brother, wouldn't you?
That makes no sense, but I won't explain why because you wouldn't understand anyway.

I know that the players are millionaire professionals, but for the Olympics the Team Canada members are the official representatives of our country. The Maple Leaf on their jerseys is the same as on our flag. My goodness, our county has done more for you than any hockey player has. Such a shame someone has to tell you that.

I'm not a huge fan of the Olympics or hockey, but this is just common respect and appreciation for our county, one that thousands have died for. Don't go cheering for a foreign country with a veteran nearby, you unappreciative wannabe.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Well, I've always supported the Canadian women's team, and I'll be totally rooting for them in their attempt to defend their gold medal for the 4th straight time. The main reason is because there's no reason to feel any bias, so by default I will support my country. And if anything, I've been the only one who has been trying to encourage more discussion on Canadian local sports like Whitecaps and CIS football over the last several years.

The same thing with all the individual Canadian athletes - despite the fact that they are officially strangers, I support my fellow Canadian citizens.

But if ice skaters Zhang Dan and Zhang Hao from China were my brother and sister, then naturally there's always the family affinity issue and I'd rather support my family than a non-family member who was a Canadian citizen.
祝你龍年行大運。
bclions16
Champion

Robbie wrote:I've been the only one who has been trying to encourage more discussion on Canadian local sports like Whitecaps and CIS football over the last several years.
Give up, it isn't working. Besides this is a Lions football site without a mandate for boosting other local sports.
Robbie wrote: despite the fact that they are officially strangers, I support my fellow Canadian citizens.
Only after I had to smack you around, Sweden-boy.