Lions vs. Stamps Game Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

hwgill
Legend

Time to get drunk on a bottle of wine from my client...nothing else to do but drown my sorrows...

:(
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
Game Day, Baby!
Rookie

Very simply........... to win football games you have to be able to score touchdowns!
Ou D let us down today by not providing any scoring!
Tighthead
Legend

Game Day, Baby! wrote:Very simply........... to win football games you have to be able to score touchdowns!
Ou D let us down today by not providing any scoring!
Banks came up a yard short. I guess he is the goat - handing the ball to our offence on the one is asking for trouble.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Tighthead wrote:Right now, Burris is better than Buck, and I have serious concerns about Buck getting much better. This is his fourth season, and frankly I haven't seen much progression in his game from when he played in 2006. I hope I am wrong.

First beer tasting like honey.
Agreed. Said virtually the same thing to the wife after game as we drove to polling station.By now he should be past the bad forced passes when he has no balance. Maturity should have kicked in by now.

Samuel Adams Octoberfest in the glass now - yum!
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Tighthead wrote:
OV - 54:40 wrote:Lack of diversity can kill you on offence.

IMO - the CFL is in desperate need of some new blood or different outside the homogenous box thinkers in offensive coaching - simpleton, same old offences rule the day - always the same shot-gun look and way too much touch football like see if you can get open pass plays - boring, predictable and lacking in strategy.
The league is like the senior bowl where there is a standard playbook.

Everyone likes to call the NFL the no fun league, but there is more variety and innovation in their offences right now.

I think Wally has defended his offence at times by saying "everyone uses the same package".
Preaching to the choir here my friend. I've been *beeotch* about this for some years now.
zark
Champion

My wife turned up Jimmi Hendrix full blast,it's only 7:30,See you tomorrow.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
pennw
Legend

Tighthead wrote: Banks came up a yard short. I guess he is the goat - handing the ball to our offense on the one is asking for trouble.
It would have been better for Banks to have been stopped at about the 4 or 5 yd line than the 1 . Then that retarded goal line play , that should have been torn out of the playbook after the Als game , would not have been an option for our O . We can all finger point the O-C for that play call , but I suspect that's Wally's influence on that one , playing chicken once again . How many attempts at 1st and goal on the one has that stupid play not worked now ??
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote:
Tighthead wrote: Banks came up a yard short. I guess he is the goat - handing the ball to our offense on the one is asking for trouble.
It would have been better for Banks to have been stopped at about the 4 or 5 yd line than the 1 . Then that retarded goal line play , that should have been torn out of the playbook after the Als game , would not have been an option for our O . We can all finger point the O-C for that play call , but I suspect that's Wally's influence on that one , playing chicken once again . How many attempts at 1st and goal on the one has that stupid play not worked now ??
Enough times to cost us a trip to the GC. :lol:

I missed most of the game but reading the responses from fans and watching the hi-lites... this was up for grabs and the Leo's came up short. :no:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:I hate jaque chapdalaine.

I just can't stand him. I blame him. My apologies to his family but I f'n hate your son/brother/father.

My pain with you started in '83 and continues even now in 2008.

Will I ever be rid of you?

You piss me off.

Go away.

You're fired.

Wally?
:whs:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Seems like Chapdelaine didn't learn a thing from the Montreal game.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Zero for 2008 against the Nags. Ouch. As they say on the internets....

We bin pwned.

:bawl:
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Blitz wrote:But that's typical!! Edmonton moved the football between the 20's last season but had difficulty scoring!
That was not only a problem for Edmonton last year but also a problem prior to Chap's cameo season there.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.