Lions @ Stamps Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

hutch wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought season series against teams from the other division don't mean a thing? Simply have to have more points right?
You are correct. Season series against the other division means squat. Tiebreakers don't apply in a crossover because to cross over the 4th place team in one division must have MORE points than the 3rd place team in the other.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

I thought I dropped into RF.com given the nature of the comments. As far as I'm concerned this game was lost on the defensive side of the ball tonight. Not a lot of pressure by the pass rush coupled with an inability to stop the Stamps on 2nd and long in the second half killed BC. I think Calgary either converted or left themselves close enough for a 3rd down gamble on something like 8 out of 10 2nd and 7 or more plays in the second half. You will never win a game if you can't stop an opponent on 2nd and long like that. Other than maybe 2 poor passes all night Pierce I thought played fairly well. There were a couple of drops and Wilson's fumble on the Calgary 10 in the first half took potential points off the board. Again as has hurt BC all season they get an initial TD to get some momentum then allow their opponent a quick retaliatory score on the ensuing drive. This time ST coverage played a role allowing the Stamps a big return to set up with a short field at the Leo 28.

As for blaming the zebras the ruling on Copeland's TD was correct. It was a helluva a catch. On the previous play to Lewis my personal jury is still out as I'm really not sure what the interpretation is supposed to be as far as surviving contact with the ground. On the Bryant catch/fumble I have to agree with the ruling on the challenge. I think it was a catch and it was a fumble forced by Marsh BUT the Lions gave up on the play ASSuming it was incomplete. Had a Leo pursued the football to recover it maybe the refs can rule differently. As such I don't think the play could be ruled incomplete and nothing after the ball popped loose could allow them to rule possession BC. So they had no choice but to rule it as they did. I think it was just one of those weird nights where those sorts of oddball things happened and the Lions weren't on the right end of any.
hwgill
Legend

I thought another Lion picked up the ball...
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

hwgill wrote:I thought another Lion picked up the ball...
Yup, I don't recall who.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

You are correct. I just looked at the TSN VOD. Dante Marsh did start after the ball and did pick it up. However you can also hear the whistles go to blow the play dead a split second before he scoops the ball up. In the course of about a second the whistle went, Marsh scooped the ball up, Marsh pulled up as though the play was over. Even if the review declared it a fumble can they award a change of possession if the play is blown dead before any other player touched the ball?
LFITQ
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
You are correct. I just looked at the TSN VOD. Dante Marsh did start after the ball and did pick it up. However you can also hear the whistles go to blow the play dead a split second before he scoops the ball up. In the course of about a second the whistle went, Marsh scooped the ball up, Marsh pulled up as though the play was over. Even if the review declared it a fumble can they award a change of possession if the play is blown dead before any other player touched the ball?
They have all season. See my thread on here about how replay has changed the rules for the whistle. There's been a few times where the whistle has blown he play dead , but upon further review it was noted that the player fumbled the ball before he was down and they have awarded the turnover.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??