Any Doubters That Buono Has Lost Control?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

The_Pauser wrote:
Blitz wrote:
Solar Max wrote:So what you're saying to the Troll here Blitz is.....McDonald's? ???

Sorry gotta disagree. Up against a Triple O, a Big Mac comes up limp.
At least he'll be rollout at McDonalds???? :shock:
I'd suggest a reverse to Wendy's, but we haven't gotten that far in the playbook yet ;)
How bout a swing pass to Subway for a chicken salad sandwich?

Too soon? ;)
Real women wear orange!!
Area51
All Star

ziggy wrote:

Is this not the same guy who last year claimed to have inside knowledge of the Lions player having women up to their rooms prior to the Montreal final? Wonder where he gets his info?

No "inside information" it's what I saw first hand. I was Montreal staying at the same hotel as the Lions that weekend and happened to be in the elevator with a few Lions when I came in Saturday night. The door opened at their floor and there were "ladies" everywhere. As soon as I saw that scene I knew what the outcome would be against the Als.

Not Buono & his clipboard buddies problem though - - they didn't invite the "ladies" up there did they? All on the players, nothing to do with the coaches as per usual in BC.

Or maybe I was totally wrong and it was just an Avon convention that happened to be sharing the same floor as the Lions were.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Area51 wrote:
ziggy wrote:

Is this not the same guy who last year claimed to have inside knowledge of the Lions player having women up to their rooms prior to the Montreal final? Wonder where he gets his info?

No "inside information" it's what I saw first hand. I was Montreal staying at the same hotel as the Lions that weekend and happened to be in the elevator with a few Lions when I came in Saturday night. The door opened at their floor and there were "ladies" everywhere. As soon as I saw that scene I knew what the outcome would be against the Als.

Not Buono & his clipboard buddies problem though - - they didn't invite the "ladies" up there did they? All on the players, nothing to do with the coaches as per usual in BC.

Or maybe I was totally wrong and it was just an Avon convention that happened to be sharing the same floor as the Lions were.

Imagine that; football players have sex with ladies. Now I've heard everything. I bet Rickey Foley would never have sex with ladies.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

We get it WCJ, you don't like Wally. Its in every thread and every post of yours.

What are going to look for this Saturday when we play Edmonton. What do you think the keys to the game are?
The_Pauser
Legend

One small thing that iirks me about Angus Reid's comments, aside from the obvious, is how he sort of takes a small jab at Casey's performance. I know he was talking about Casey's attitude in the lockerroom, but he seemed to hint that Casey's performance was subpar. I think what Angus needs to do is own up and take some responsibility for not providing better protection for Casey (and Lulay for that matter).
Roar you Lions roar!
Blitz
Team Captain

The_Pauser wrote:One small thing that iirks me about Angus Reid's comments, aside from the obvious, is how he sort of takes a small jab at Casey's performance. I know he was talking about Casey's attitude in the lockerroom, but he seemed to hint that Casey's performance was subpar. I think what Angus needs to do is own up and take some responsibility for not providing better protection for Casey (and Lulay for that matter).
Angus wasn't starting this season, due to a combination of his age and his struggles with big defensvie tackles. I like Angus. He's a bright guy. He's always been outspoken. Even as a young pro he took on an offensive line coach, who was eventually fired and replaced by Burratto for a period of time. Angus and Brent Johnson are the only two guys left from the old Dickenson gang, so I wasn't surprised that he was relieved to see Printers gone.

However, Angus nor the other veteran (likely Johnson) should not have commented to the press. Angus talks about the code and breaks it very badly himself. Imagine if someone was cut from our Leos, when Printers was still on the team and Printers cutting up a former player to the press. This website would have gone ballistic.

Its a double standard. The only good thing about Printers leaving is that now the heat will increase on Wally and Chapdelaine, now that Printers can't be a whipping boy. The fact is that Wally could have made Printers the starter again, after pulling him in his second game, for fumbling twice in the first half..while leading 9-0. If Wally and Chapdelaine had done that, we'd be a better football team right now.

Printers couldn't have had a worse scenario than go into a football game, have the defense fall apart, players lose it all over the place taking stupid penalties, and in the end, an interception that should have been a nothing play, if he threw it, became the last play in a terrible upset. Printers didn't get much luck in that scenario. However, he lost it after and provided the excuse to say goodbye to him now rather than the end of the season, deflecting a lot of the terrible coaching job by Wally and Company to lose that game.

Here is an interesting question. We know that Printers was put into the game because Lulay tweaked his finger and they wanted to give Printers some mop up reps in case of a future injury to Lulay.

But why did they start Printers in overtime? Lulay was fine and could have gone back in. He was still warm. The reason is simple. In that scenario Wally believed Printers gave us the best chance to win. It didn't work out that way but that's why Printers played the overtime.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:We get it WCJ, you don't like Wally. Its in every thread and every post of yours.

What are going to look for this Saturday when we play Edmonton. What do you think the keys to the game are?
I get it, LG.

You don't like my criticism of Wally.

And I will continue to criticize what I see as his failings.

No matter his record, his leadership, his decisions, or his team's misbehavior, he has his very loyal supporters and defenders. Many who would like to say something don't bother because of that.
scrawnyPilgrim
prospect

I can't believe anybody here feels bad for Printers or even sticks up for him in the least. The guy dug his own grave, now he needs to lie in it. He can go back to writing some more bs books and conning people with his fake motivational speeches for all I care.
Last edited by scrawnyPilgrim on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:The fact is that Wally could have made Printers the starter again, after pulling him in his second game, for fumbling twice in the first half..while leading 9-0. If Wally and Chapdelaine had done that, we'd be a better football team right now.

Printers couldn't have had a worse scenario than go into a football game, have the defense fall apart, players lose it all over the place taking stupid penalties, and in the end, an interception that should have been a nothing play, if he threw it, became the last play in a terrible upset.

But why did they start Printers in overtime? Lulay was fine and could have gone back in. He was still warm. The reason is simple. In that scenario Wally believed Printers gave us the best chance to win. It didn't work out that way but that's why Printers played the overtime.
Have you ever seen a pro sports team play to get a coach fired. It happens every once in a while, especially in the NHL. A group of guys who look so talented on paper half-ass it night after night until the coach gets whacked and suddenly the team plays up to their potential. Well in this case I am beginning to think the Lions might have been playing to get CP fired. Especially our defense. Look how much better our defense played when CP got yanked in the Calgary game. Then the first Winnipeg game the defense plays another solid game and the offense responds in kind when Lulay "goes rogue" and abandons chapball. Everything is going great on Monday until CP steps out on the field. Suddenly the wheels fall off. Why?

As you mentioned, Lulay was probably healthy enough to get back in the game, yet WB left CP in. I think that the team lost it over the fact that the QB they had been busting ass to support for the last 3 weeks, the guy who did not have fumble-itis, the guy who did not dispense team-first cliched sound bytes to the media like some sort of motivational pez dispenser, was once again riding the pine so CP could get yet another chance to prove he could be the franchise player.

So why did WB let CP play... WB wanted CP to prove him right. WB brought CP back, anointed him #1, kept him around longer than the rest of the team wanted him. We can agree on one thing, WB screwed up the CP situation six ways to Sunday. But we don't agree on exactly how.
ziggy
Legend

Area51 I get that you somehow feel the Ricky Foley was mistreated by the Lions and therefore Wally must pay the price. I still think Wally is a pretty good judge of players and think you may be blinded by your relationship to Foley. In one of you first posts you said "I wouldn't hand the starters job at DE to Wake just yet. Let's see what happens in Edmonton tomorrow. Obviously Wake's got a spot on the dress roster locked up, but there's no way he's going to see the kind of reps that BJ will get at the other end spot.".
Later you stated words to the effect that while Wake had a good showing against Toronto IIRC, so would our kicker against such a weak line. All these postings were because you wanted Foley ahead of Wake. Clearly Wally was right in chosing Wake over Foley but you can't let it go. Look back at some of the posts you've made about other players and coaches then ask yourself if you'd like to read them about Foley.
Gerry
Legend

Belize City Lion wrote:
Blitz wrote:The fact is that Wally could have made Printers the starter again, after pulling him in his second game, for fumbling twice in the first half..while leading 9-0. If Wally and Chapdelaine had done that, we'd be a better football team right now.

Printers couldn't have had a worse scenario than go into a football game, have the defense fall apart, players lose it all over the place taking stupid penalties, and in the end, an interception that should have been a nothing play, if he threw it, became the last play in a terrible upset.

Have you ever seen a pro sports team play to get a coach fired. It happens every once in a while, especially in the NHL. A group of guys who look so talented on paper half-ass it night after night until the coach gets whacked and suddenly the team plays up to their potential. Well in this case I am beginning to think the Lions might have been playing to get CP fired. Especially our defense. Look how much better our defense played when CP got yanked in the Calgary game. Then the first Winnipeg game the defense plays another solid game and the offense responds in kind when Lulay "goes rogue" and abandons chapball. Everything is going great on Monday until CP steps out on the field. Suddenly the wheels fall off. Why?

As you mentioned, Lulay was probably healthy enough to get back in the game, yet WB left CP in. I think that the team lost it over the fact that the QB they had been busting ass to support for the last 3 weeks, the guy who did not have fumble-itis, the guy who did not dispense team-first cliched sound bytes to the media like some sort of motivational pez dispenser, was once again riding the pine so CP could get yet another chance to prove he could be the franchise player.

So why did WB let CP play... WB wanted CP to prove him right. WB brought CP back, anointed him #1, kept him around longer than the rest of the team wanted him. We can agree on one thing, WB screwed up the CP situation six ways to Sunday. But we don't agree on exactly how.
That actually makes a lot of sense. I'm not sure how much the D will play for the QB, but I can see it happening, and maybe it did, exactly as you say.

I never wanted CP back in BC. I thought THAT was the big mistake by WB, bringing him back. But I figured he was desperate at the time and was also willing to give the guy an opportunity. I'm happy to see him gone. Now we can move forward, instead of looking back to 04.

I don't agree with your sig line though. I don't buy into the mantra on this site that Chapdelaine is the problem.
Enough is enough.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:We get it WCJ, you don't like Wally. Its in every thread and every post of yours.

I get it, LG.

You don't like my criticism of Wally.

And I will continue to criticize what I see as his failings.

No matter his record, his leadership, his decisions, or his team's misbehavior, he has his very loyal supporters and defenders. Many who would like to say something don't bother because of that.

Lion Guy Gives In
by Lion Guy on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:58 am

Heavy sigh.

OK...I have tried to keep the faith this year hoping for one little spark to ignite something to turn this thing around. It would seem that I am not going to see it this year. There are those here calling for major change and while I can understand why I have held that the spark is coming and I have resisted. But now, to those that beat the drum demanding change, I concede deafeat. :tp:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Blitz
Team Captain

Players do quit on coaches..especially in situations where they have long term one way contracts like in pro hockey. However quitting on a coach or a player inthe CFL, where job security is almost non-existent is very highly unlikely.

The Leos simply blew it in Winnipeg because they had a huge lead and thought they had it in the bag. When they lost momentum and Winnipeg forged the comeback, some simply got frustrated, lost focus, got upset, and lost perspective.

Geroy Simon is not happy Printers is gone. He lobbied for his return, loved playing for him, stood up for him numerous times, and his face supposedly said it all yesterday. I'm sure there are others. Wilson talked about how Printers had voluntarily helped his son play football and Wilson was involved in the altercation with Printers. Printers had close friends and supporters amongst his teammates on this Leos team. Reid didnt' speak for the entire team. Its just a precarious sitatuon for most of them.

I do agree with you about Wally and Printers. Wally always believed in Printers. He may have started Dickenson over him in the ''04 Grey Cup and the '05 WDF but he did offer Printers a huge contract and the starting postion for 2006, a huge move at the time, with Dickenson on the roster. Wally also kept in touch with Printers during his time in the NFL and wanted Printers to sign here in 2008, rather than take the Hamilton contract towards the end of 2007. Wally also was the only CFL coach to give Printers another opportunity, when he signed him last season. Wally may have been a little desperate last season, with quarterback injuries but he offered Printers the starting job for 2010, along with a new contract. I don't think Wally parted with Printers easily.

Wally also likely consulted his offensive coaching staff and Printers would have found no supporters in Chapdelaine or Dorazio. Chapdelaine would have wanted to go with Lulay, who fits better into a Chap offence and there has never been a strong relationship between Printers and Chapdelaine. I don't lay this all on Printers or the Leos coaching staff. It took a lot of factors to get to the Winnipeg situation.

As Wally said, Printers may have lost confidence in his coaching staff and in himself and the coaching staff also lost confidence in him. It didn't work out but it should have. Printers looked very good in 2009, especially considering how long he had been out of football, missed training camp, was so rusty, etc. Printers should have been even better this season. Whose fault was that...Printers, Chapdelaine's offence, injury, lack of protection, or a combination of those and others. Who can tell for sure. It's all subjective.

My major problem with Wally is that he should have put Printers back in the starting role after his benching rather than go with Lulay for three games. By benching Printers, in favor of Lulay, who had struggled, it created a scenario that had the seeds of future problems. However, Wally, deserves recognition for seeing Printers talent and seeing his potential. I''m sure Wally is disappointed too..and am sure he didn't thrill a couple of his offensive coaches when he brought Printers back here and also named him this year's starter.

I have no problems with Lulay. He seems like a dedicated quarterback who will continue to improve. I want him to succeed and Jarious has always been a class act, a respected player by his teammates and if he plays I believe he can do good things. Mostly, what I'm disappointed in, is that at the age of 29, Printers was entering his prime years as a quarterback and he has so much talent. If, between our Leos and Printers, it could have been pulled together, we would have had a quarterback who brought something special to the table. It didn't...and that's very disappointing. I think there is enough blame to go around.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
zark
Champion

This has become a very confrontational sight.
All I can say to everyone here now is "Casey WHO????
We play the EE's on Saturday. Get over it. We're still in contention. :rockin:
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx