2009-10 Vancouver Canucks Season Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Tonight should be a good test for Raycroft as he takes on the Rangers.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

By giving up only one goal, perhaps Raycroft is for real. :good:
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Rammer
Team Captain

Robbie wrote:By giving up only one goal, perhaps Raycroft is for real. :good:
Getting a standing ovation for a save, that was called a goal on the TEAM 1040 certainly shows that he is capable of the big play.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Robbie
Hall of Famer

A third straight win by Raycroft, this time on the road. :thup:
Will he actually steal Luongo's starting job?
祝你龍年行大運。
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:A third straight win by Raycroft, this time on the road. :thup:
Yes Robbie, I think he will; then they can trade Luongo for a premium forward.
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:
Yes Robbie, I think he will; then they can trade Luongo for a premium forward.

I wish it would happen, but this may prove to be the year that the Canucks have a shot at advancing to the Stanley Cup and unfortunately they still think that Luongo is the man to lead them there.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

unbelievable. a few games by an ok goalie, and some are already talking about saying bye bye to luongo. sheesh
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Soundy
Hall of Famer

What amazes me is how many armchair GMs on various web forums think they know so much better than pretty much everyone actually involved in the NHL on a day-to-day basis. I don't think you'll find a single GM in the league who wouldn't trade his right arm for Luongo, or another skater who wouldn't want him backstopping their team.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Rammer
Team Captain

Soundy wrote:What amazes me is how many armchair GMs on various web forums think they know so much better than pretty much everyone actually involved in the NHL on a day-to-day basis. I don't think you'll find a single GM in the league who wouldn't trade his right arm for Luongo, or another skater who wouldn't want him backstopping their team.

Sorry, you can't possibly prove that every single GM in the league wouldn't trade their right arm for Luongo, you diminish your point greatly without a solid basis to stand on. Simply put, what has Luongo done, lost a game complaining about a missed call allowing the Ducks to go on and win the Stanley Cup. He followed that up with a non playoff season, then he topped off his ultimate goalie performance with allowing more goals in his final performance last season than Cloutier every did in the playoffs. Sorry, but if that is what you think the best goalie is in the NHL, you are not very observant of a goalie. A goalies performance in general has to be better, let alone come playoff time.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Yes, and then Schneider will steal it from Raycroft! I mean, sure he lost tonight, but he made a TON of saves!

Sorry, you can't possibly prove that every single GM in the league wouldn't trade their right arm for Luongo, you diminish your point greatly without a solid basis to stand on.
I never claimed I could "prove" it, did I?

(\__/)
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:unbelievable. a few games by an ok goalie, and some are already talking about saying bye bye to luongo. sheesh
I was being facetious.

Robbies question was so bad I put as much effort into my answer as he did his post.

There is too much misery this am so I can't prolong this one.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote: Simply put, what has Luongo done, lost a game complaining about a missed call allowing the Ducks to go on and win the Stanley Cup. He followed that up with a non playoff season, then he topped off his ultimate goalie performance with allowing more goals in his final performance last season than Cloutier every did in the playoffs. Sorry, but if that is what you think the best goalie is in the NHL, you are not very observant of a goalie. A goalies performance in general has to be better, let alone come playoff time.
Fair comments, however that series was lost not on his purrformance there, but in the second intermision of game four. If I ever find out it was the couch who told them to stop playing and pull a buono for the third I will hate him forever.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

About a year ago at this time, the Canucks were pursuing an aging Swede, and eventually got him.

The Canucks are contemplating the same thing again this year. Should the Canucks pursue Peter Forsberg?
祝你龍年行大運。
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Why not? If it fits within the cap space... all they've got to lose is money. Either he plays well or he doesn't: worst case, you bench him; best case, he helps get you a few extra points in the standings.

Was the same thing with Sundin: he wasn't the be-all, end-all superstar, but the team was (arguably) better with him than without, and didn't have to give up anything to get him. The only one who felt any pain was the Aquilinis' banker.
(\__/)
Rammer
Team Captain

Soundy wrote:Why not? If it fits within the cap space... all they've got to lose is money. Either he plays well or he doesn't: worst case, you bench him; best case, he helps get you a few extra points in the standings.

Was the same thing with Sundin: he wasn't the be-all, end-all superstar, but the team was (arguably) better with him than without, and didn't have to give up anything to get him. The only one who felt any pain was the Aquilinis' banker.
Listening to Hockey TEAM 1040, it sounded as if Forsberg was only being pursued by the Canucks and Rangers, with Philly and others either tied up Cap wise or passing on him for what they have in the lineup. As you suggest, Forsberg would be an interesting addition and one that could only end up as a financial hit vs an on ice hit, so there is nothing to lose.