Clermont

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:
squishy35 wrote:
LFITQ wrote:
Yep, Just like I blame you for Casey's departure ... ;)

That was Rammers fault????? Grrrrrr :x .
I am still in wait for the reasoning behind that one myself....lol
What name and number are on your 50th jersey? If I get the blame for the Clermont one - pass the buck I say ...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:
Rammer wrote:
squishy35 wrote:

That was Rammers fault????? Grrrrrr :x .
I am still in wait for the reasoning behind that one myself....lol
What name and number are on your 50th jersey? If I get the blame for the Clermont one - pass the buck I say ...
Oh, why didn't I make that association.....sigh. Okay, but now the target has shifted onto your back....lol
Entertainment value = an all time low
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionut wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:People shouldn't forget that Fantuz is a Saskatchewan boy.
Really? His bio says he was born in Chatham, Ontario, and he went to the University of Western Ontario for four years. That's an awfully long way from Regina, unless he spent some of his childhood there...
Yep Fantuz is an Ontario boy....somehting that Rider fans worry about, that and his interest in going to the NFL.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

My mistake. Must have confused him with someone else. :no:
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:My mistake. Must have confused him with someone else. :no:
the TSN announcers kept saying he was a regina boy which is confusing because he's from ontario...weird
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:Yep Fantuz is an Ontario boy....somehting that Rider fans worry about, that and his interest in going to the NFL.
They don't need to lose much sleep over the latter issue. Fantuz is a purrfect Canadian slotback, but as an NFL wide receiver would be swimming upstream against an NCAA college system that cranks 'em out by the bushel every year at that position. He'd be just another guy in an NFL camp, a "tweener" who is just a touch too slow to play wide receiver in that league, and not big enough to play tight end.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

maddeep73 wrote:Jackson is not a star. He may be one day, but had tons of opportunity last year to shine and was spotty at best.
Jackson was battling a back injury for the majority of the season, and if you know anything about back injuries, they are a ***** to get over.
maddeep73 wrote:Clermont is worth Colon, Fantuz and Boden combined.
The question is, what do the Riders have that the Lions would want, other than Fantuz?
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

If he wants to go then I say Fantuz for Clermont staright up. As much as I ladmire what he has done and accomplished, if he heart is elsewhere then he shouldn't be here.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote:The question is, what do the Riders have that the Lions would want, other than Fantuz?
Draft picks. You can never go wrong stockpiling high draft picks. A proven star like Jason Clermont has to be worth at least two first round picks, plus another position player...
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
maddeep73
Champion

Jackson was battling a back injury for the majority of the season, and if you know anything about back injuries, they are a ***** to get over.

You're asking the right guy. I've been out hockey for 7 weeks because of a lower back injury. I was in hospital 3 times over Christmas.

That being said, when he was healthy Jackson showed promise but never consistency. Let's hope he gets there because from the sounds of it we'll be without Lion82 sooner rather than later.
Keepin' it real
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Lionut wrote:
Canuck_4_Life wrote:The question is, what do the Riders have that the Lions would want, other than Fantuz?
Draft picks. You can never go wrong stockpiling high draft picks. A proven star like Jason Clermont has to be worth at least two first round picks, plus another position player...
I'm not sure Riders have any high draft picks this coming draft.

Rammer??????
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:
Lionut wrote:

Rammer??????
naah, some how I dont think anybody be drafting Rammer this yr :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
OV - 54:40
Champion

Lion Guy wrote:
Lionut wrote:

Rammer??????
They traded away their first rounder I'm pretty sure. Plus - the Lions have a good shot at a repeat GC right? - to maximize that opportunity, if you're going to give up a top player like Clermont, i'd want another top player who will contribute as a starter right away, and not a draft pick (Wally is not going to start a young NI in his first year) - if the Lions' like their receiver depth without Clermont and Thelwell even, they don't need a receiver in return - the Riders have 3 top notch O-lineman in Makowsky, O'Day and Andrew Greene (aging but still might have one more very good year in him) - one of those guys plus maybe a DB (like Scott Gordon) for depth/ nickel back = a couple of players who might contribute to another GC team. I'd go for the here and now shot at a repeat rather than futures if Clermont HAS to go (does he?).
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

In an ideal world I would like to see Clermont finish out his career as a Lion. Having said that, if it is the intention of Clermont to finish his career in Regina then I would trade him for some assets like a starter and draft picks. Don't repeat what the Canucks did with Jovanoski.
thunder77
prospect

If Jason Clermont were under contract for longer than the current year than yes, alot of what you people are listing as trade value for JC would be valid. But, his contract expires after this season. Every day that goes by his trade value slowly goes down. The Riders can wait till the offseason and not have to trade anything for him. Why would they trade away anyone from thier o-line? a 2008 draft pick maybe? I would rather see a NI like Szarka go, since we don't seem to know how to use him here...or a Mike McCullough who was our starting NI MLB. We have a tonne of I MLB depth so I'm sure we could go that way.
Anything more would be WAY too much. I'm afraid as soon as JC indicated he was going to play this year out his trade value plummeted!
Take a dozen Pil, and call me!

Win or lose, we booze!