Leos Prepare to Play the Bombers and Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:20 pm
Rammer wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:17 pm
Manhandled, out coached, out hustled, and out executed. No way the Lions get the fan count to 15K
If they get to 12K I'll be surprised. No way I'm going
how about everybody boycott the rest of the games and pass on ST for next year. That will show them

see if we can lose the lions before Toronto loses the argos
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Rammer
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:42 pm
Lion Guy wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:17 pm
Manhandled, out coached, out hustled, and out executed. No way the Lions get the fan count to 15K
how about everybody boycott the rest of the games and pass on ST for next year. That will show them

I take it from this that you are attending the game?
Entertainment value = an all time low
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

There is nothing to be gained for trying to "punish" the Lions. Attendance has been dwindling for years and that hasn't done anything to rectify the slow downward spiral that this team has been engaged in. People not attending will flow naturally from a poor product on the field. There is no point in trying to organize a no show movement.
This team has been sickly for a long time. Most believe that the problems start at the top. An owner who is really looking to be done with the team, a HC/former GM who also is looking to be gone from the game.

One problem will be solved after this season. The other, who knows. But until, the apathy at the top is gone, you can hardly expect players or even other coaches to perform with the kind of heart and determination that is required to be exceptional.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Dusty
Champion

No matter how frustrated, disappointed and angry I get when watching or attending games, I won't be "boycotting" or calling for a fan "strike". This year, I renewed only after the team made coaching changes. Whether or not there were enough changes, there was a start. That was good enough for me.

I'll be going to the games if I'm in town or watching the games when I can. I started watching and listening to BC Lions games in the early 1960's. We lived on the Upper Levels Highway and I knew there was a Lions game because the traffic would back up from the stop light on Lonsdale. In all these years, there have been good teams and bad teams, good coaching and bad coaching, but the BC Lions are still "my" team and I will be at the games until I can no longer get to the games or afford a season ticket.

Things are bad now, but I have hope that the offensive schemes can be adjusted to increase the effectiveness of the OL and aerial attack. I've pretty much lost hope that the defence can be turned around...

At best, we have some wins at home..... at worst, even a loss at home is still a "night out" for me and I'll enjoy that as much as possible....
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

You couldn't pay me to sit through a game like that. I was contemplating going over from the Island for a game later in the season, but I think I will support the Lions by buying logo wear instead.
VictoriaFan
Starter

LionsLip wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:37 pm
TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:25 pm
Craig Roh, Alex Bazzie, Andrew Harris and Bighill must be enjoying the game tonight
You forgot Chandler Fenner too!.....Ha,ha! I certainly did not enjoy the game! :puke:
I think Ronnie Yell had a good game also
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:11 pm
They were saying in the post game that Burnham didn't make an effort to stop Bighill from scoring. From the replay he seemed to have given up chasing Bighill.
I noticed that too but I also recognized that no way Burnham was going to make up the ground on Biggie. Probably just pull a hamstring if he tried. In their respective Draft Scout combine numbers coming out of college Burnham ran a 4.62 40. Biggie ran a 4.59.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
David
Team Captain

David wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:11 pm
I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies from this game.

* No changes since the blowout in EDM.

* The players are walking into an oven in Manitoba, which they are not used to (you think conditioning might be an issue for Maxx Forde??)

* Wally and Mark vs O'Shea and Lapo. 'Nuff said.

* Hungry ex-Leos looking to stick it to their former team (Bighill is going to be amped, as is Fenner, Harris, Roh etc.)

* Bombers O-line will want to step up to protect Nichols. Team will be given a lift by his return.

If Jennings plays all "deer in the headlights" (you all know what I mean....he overthrows Rainey on a simple screen pass) and we can't get near Nichols, it is going to be a long evening. If JJ thows for 300+ yards, we can take it. That's about 60% more yards than he's been averaging though.

DH :cool:
Not tooting my own horn here, but I get premonitions every once in a while and had a very bad feeling about yesterday's game. Everything aligned with what I predicted would happen. Even Glen Suitor remarked about the extreme heat that the players just look zapped (Bombers are used to playing in heat and humidity).

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:29 pm
TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:47 pm
I waited til training camp to finally renew my season tickets. Guess I made a colossal mistake
right. Lets just support them when they are on top.
Been a season ticket holder for 53 years. Never missed a game. I rest my case.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:16 am
KnowItAll wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:42 pm
Lion Guy wrote:

I take it from this that you are attending the game?
my wife and her friend is. They will not let losing stop them.
I wish I had a choice.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back