Lions @ Alouettes. Game Day Thread. Eastern Semi-Final

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
SammyGreene wrote:Ianuzzi you are such garbage. Lol
Can't catch, can't return, and now he can't punt. For a Canadian, there isn't much left for him to do....
Since this game is done, I'm just going to get into some trivia chat:

That botched quick kick might actually be the first time ever in CFL history that a No Yards penalty went for, not 15 or 5 yards, but half the distance to the goal line.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Really Sutor? The deal was sealed at 8-0. But this sure looks good on Benevides.
tedbear
Starter

Tough to watch, tough to stomach, but in the long run the best thing for our team.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

tedbear wrote:Tough to watch, tough to stomach, but in the long run the best thing for our team.
Agree
Redwhite2005
prospect

This was suppose to be easy going to the east to play guess that was not so. The players have quit on the coaches that is obvious. New coaches and they have to find a QB that is for sure. Lulay at this time with injuries is not going to be an answer as well. It is rebuild time sorry to say.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I think the vessel is fully sunk now. What remains to be seen if the wreck settles in waters that are even div-able.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Sorry Ziggy, I just wanted to point out your comment missed the mark...

How about that TD run, LaRose had position and leverage to make a play and didn't EVEN GET A HAND ON the MTL RB...plus what was LaRose doing playing 20 yards off the LOS when everyone in the world knew MTL was going to run the ball??? That's on WALLY BUONO...LaRose wouldn't be on any other lineup in the league, even as a backup, if BC cut him...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Fred.Fonce wrote:Yes, but he says it really, really fast so he sounds really, really smart.
TheLionKing wrote:I can see Benevides on the post game interview.

Interviewer: Did the Als surprised you with anything they're doing ?

Benevides: Not really, we had the players in position to make plays but they didn't execute. They need to do a better job of execution.
When something stupid comes at you so fast that it seems smarter than it really is, that's called the Dope-ler Effect.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Well, I wished for just one big return from Brown and the Lions got it.
Rammer
Team Captain

Redwhite2005 wrote:This was suppose to be easy going to the east to play guess that was not so. The players have quit on the coaches that is obvious. New coaches and they have to find a QB that is for sure. Lulay at this time with injuries is not going to be an answer as well. It is rebuild time sorry to say.
East was easier than the West still in my mind, but this just shows the organization how far behind the Lions are the rest of the contenders.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

annnnnd 50
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Rammer
Team Captain

Hahahahahahahahahaha, that has to be bottom.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Totally embarrassing.
Redwhite2005
prospect

Man this is one ugly game!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Most embarassing loss in franchise history? Getting close!!!!