2016 All Things Lions Marketing & Promotions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I got a bobblehead at 6:30 but most stands had run out.
BC 1988
Legend

I lined up at gate C at 5:30 and there was only 15 people in front of me at that time. At 5:50 they split 2 rows to make 3.
Gates opened at 6pm. No problem getting the bobble head. (It's always less busy there than the Terry Fox Plaza side)
They are also selling them for $12.95.
CardiacKid
Legend

And how many bobble heads will be showing up on eBay tomorrow?
I will gladly sell one of my two for a special Lionbacker price of $70 and free shipping.;)
Alputt
Champion

Bought a bobble for $12... What a game!
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Alputt wrote:Line ups to get in for the bobble head seemed pretty intense... long enough that we skipped it. Seems like a good crowd outside at Terry Fox Plaza anyways...
It was a goofy set up. Not so much for the way it was organized as they way folks line up. I got to the stadium around 6. Saw a big line going from the gates to the right on back towards the beer garden. Figured the idea of Bobblehead was a write off an started skirting the outside of it to go down to the lower level where lineups might be short. Turned out the big long line was basically the line into the first turnstile. Once I got past that there were 2 short lines maybe 20 deep to get through the next 2 turnstiles.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Alputt
Champion

Hambone wrote:
Alputt wrote:Line ups to get in for the bobble head seemed pretty intense... long enough that we skipped it. Seems like a good crowd outside at Terry Fox Plaza anyways...
It was a goofy set up. Not so much for the way it was organized as they way folks line up. I got to the stadium around 6. Saw a big line going from the gates to the right on back towards the beer garden. Figured the idea of Bobblehead was a write off an started skirting the outside of it to go down to the lower level where lineups might be short. Turned out the big long line was basically the line into the first turnstile. Once I got past that there were 2 short lines maybe 20 deep to get through the next 2 turnstiles.
Yeah once the gates opened at 6 the crazy lines reduced... We were happily ensconced in the beer garden at the time. Still got a bobble!
footballtom
Rookie

Lions better promote this game as a first place show down starting tom { sunday } a lot of people I know who are lions fans do not even know they are in a first place race
BC 1988
Legend

The detail on the bobblehead is pretty impressive. The rare INT by Biggie (along with his usual tackles and sack) was the icing on the cake. One thing that's interesting is that Telus has their branding on the base of it and the box; but unlike tonight, they won't be the game sponsor for Solly night on Oct 22th--that game is Save-On Foods.

I took advantage of the TravelZoo promotion for the game, and ended up getting another free hat (grey this time with the usual primary logo). I'm one of those fans who actually likes the straight-on view downfield through the goal posts--I used to always sit upper level there. The netting got stuck in place early in the 3rd quarter and the few of us that were in that section (over the tunnel beside the drumline) moved over. It was a weird night all around--It sure looked like we were going to OT like 2 weeks ago in CGY, and then the Manny show saved us.

21,213 is not bad for a warm Saturday night in August. I think it would have been worse if it was one of those ridiculous Thursday Night Football games that TSN is determined to do. Conditions inside with the roof open were actually quite comfortable (compared to all those hot-stuffy-tent pre-2011games).
David
Team Captain

BC 1988 wrote:21,213 is not bad for a warm Saturday night in August. I think it would have been worse if it was one of those ridiculous Thursday Night Football games that TSN is determined to do. Conditions inside with the roof open were actually quite comfortable (compared to all those hot-stuffy-tent pre-2011games).
The Puttullo bridge is closed all weekend. That couldn't have helped the fence sitter on a hot, sunny day.

There was also an NHL charity softball game at Nat Bailey Stadium tonight that may have cost us a couple hundred fans as well.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
footballtom
Rookie

Excellent post I agree the sat night helped it is suppose to be this hot all week including game day on Friday so there is no excuse to get the lower bowl full if this was a first place game with the caps it would sell out. No excuses I will be there .
aklawitter
All Star

footballtom wrote:Excellent post I agree the sat night helped it is suppose to be this hot all week including game day on Friday so there is no excuse to get the lower bowl full if this was a first place game with the caps it would sell out. No excuses I will be there .
Notify me when the Whitecaps can actually open all of the lower bowl.
CardiacKid
Legend

CardiacKid wrote:And how many bobble heads will be showing up on eBay tomorrow?
I will gladly sell one of my two for a special Lionbacker price of $70 and free shipping.;)
Ok I posted with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek but I see already a Biggie bobble head for sale on eBay. $65 and $18 shipping!
footballtom
Rookie

aklawitter wrote:
footballtom wrote:Excellent post I agree the sat night helped it is suppose to be this hot all week including game day on Friday so there is no excuse to get the lower bowl full if this was a first place game with the caps it would sell out. No excuses I will be there .

That is true but there has been a game this year when the tarps were lifted and they had 27,000 in there.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

footballtom wrote:
aklawitter wrote:

That is true but there has been a game this year when the tarps were lifted and they had 27,000 in there.
Notify me when the Lions match the Caps with the $13 end zone seats. Actually, don't because I would still have the $150 ferry ride +hotel room. I don't agree with heavily discounting the product by papering the place anyway, EXCEPT for kids, kids with adult, minor football or even soccer teams or whatever program to get kids at games and interested.

I believe papering a stadium pisses off the most loyal fans, the season ticket holders who pay top dollar, but lots of free/cheap kids in the building do not piss fans off.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Sports events are becoming a cross between live spectacles and TV productions. People pay top dollar to attend live, non-televised concerts and theatre performances. By contrast, studio audiences get free admission to TV shows, even when celebrities are being interviewed and performing on stage for the cameras. The audience is just part of the production.