Official "Lions better beat the TiCats" Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I hope the receivers who lobbied for Chap's return are happy. Perhaps Christie Buono has the answer to the Lions' woes. :wink:
:beauty: :beauty: :beauty: :beauty: :beauty: :beauty: :beauty: :beauty: :beauty: :beauty: :beauty: :beauty:

Moj is making the point that if you have to run a short yard end-reverse, what that is telling you about the short game. Spread them out..............
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote: The only player I would cut right now is RGM and bring back Tyler Ebell .
Ebell committed sacrilege and RGM is Jesus Christ or something, and can do no wrong in Wally's eyes. No changes will happen, and the ball will continue to fall to the turf.
pennw wrote:Pierce by the way tossed for 282 yds on 23 of 36 passes compared to Porters 17 of 31 for 171 yds .
He will still be blamed for the loss by some people here. Wait for it.

Getting stuffed time after time on short yardage HAS to come down to the OC sooner or later, and if I hear that "Dorazio is the OC, so...." I'm gonna bury a boot in someone's butt.

Gee Whillickers, Batman. What a non performance.
pennw
Legend

The thing is as noted by Duane Forde also , was that Pierce became effective when he started to play go for broke , when deep in his endzone he faked the usual predictable and "safe" running play that never gets more then 2 yds and threw down field successfully . That started a good run. But then WB went back into "safe" mode for that first and goal debacle that always fails .
To me the main problem is that the coaching staff plays "not to lose " instead of "playing to win" and it has caught up to them after a couple of years .
BC's only success has come when caution was thrown to the wind as in the EE game when JJ came in , and tonight for a few drives when a similar approach was taken . But that was snuffed out by return to cautious football . The thing is when they play 'go for broke' , they let their skilled players make the plays , but they keep getting neutered by fearfull coaches , who don't seem to trust their play makers.
Hutch85
All Star

TheLionKing wrote:I hope the receivers who lobbied for Chap's return are happy. Perhaps Christie Buono has the answer to the Lions' woes. :wink:
Christie Buono for OC? JC can do interviews... that's a job that can use repetitive actions: "hold microphone this way, ask player what they thought of the game/other teammate/trade/contract signing/year". ;-)
pennw
Legend

Hutch85 wrote:
Christie Buono for OC? JC can do interviews... that's a job that can use repetitive actions: "hold microphone this way, ask player what they thought of the game/other teammate/trade/contract signing/year". ;-)
I still think he would do better as the shamwow guy. I couldn't imagine watching him doing interviews. At least doing shamwow , I know I was going to change the channel anyway already , so no worse there then the origanal.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
hutch wrote:
Exactly, Pierce may not be the problem, but he isn't the answer either. He did finally start making some yardage with his feet, which really helps continue momentum.
When it didn't matter.