Lions @ Alouettes. Game Day Thread. Eastern Semi-Final

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

And remember folks it's the Als ALL CANADIAN offensive line that is dominating the 2nd half. Even with recent retirements of Bryan Chiu and Scott Flory.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:I can see Benevides on the post game interview.

Interviewer: Did the Als surprised you with anything they're doing ?

Benevides: Not really, we had the players in position to make plays but they didn't execute. They need to do a better job of execution.
How long to the official fire Benevides thread begins? Really, what else can be done to get this team to go on the field and play with any pride. That team has quit on the coaches, and when that happens, you need a new environment for them to regain the desire to play.
Entertainment value = an all time low
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Kevin Glenn played like an all star the last 2 seasons where he KNEW that he would be successful on each play...for over 20 weeks this offence has been a gong show...he has NO CONFIDENCE...give Glenn a proper coaching unit with the SAME TALENT and he can look like an all star again...playing QB is HARD, its the toughest position in all of sports...you MUST have help and success or it all falls apart...this is NOT Kevin Glenn's fault...I could see this game back in week 3 or 4...I know Glenn is not playing well, but how could he??????
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:I want this organization cleaned from the top down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
X2
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Gentlemen, Ladies, fans all. I am not disappearing or anything but I want to say thank you for your contributions, insights and general camaraderie this year. It hasn't been a fun year in many respects but nevertheless, there have been some laughs and good times and I for this I express my heartfelt gratitude.

Yet another facemask penalty.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
tedbear
Starter

Throwing Partridge out to the slaughter
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Rammer wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:I can see Benevides on the post game interview.

Interviewer: Did the Als surprised you with anything they're doing ?

Benevides: Not really, we had the players in position to make plays but they didn't execute. They need to do a better job of execution.
How long to the official fire Benevides thread begins? Really, what else can be done to get this team to go on the field and play with any pride. That team has quit on the coaches, and when that happens, you need a new environment for them to regain the desire to play.
Rammer, they haven't quit on their coaches, but they have LOST HOPE! You can't live LIFE, let alone win a football game, without HOPE! NONE of the coaches make any adjustments, so once teams start having success against us, the players know it will only continue...they do not TRUST that their coaches can adapt within a game and outmatch their opponents!!!

These players have lots and lots of pride, they just don't have any HOPE!

Albert Einstein
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Now it is just embarrassing.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Penalty on Valli
Rammer
Team Captain

Hahahahahahaahahahahahaha, that has to show you how poorly coached this team is.
Entertainment value = an all time low
almo89
Legend

Wowwww
MexicoLionFan
Legend

ziggy wrote:Our guys are being schooled on both sides of the ball! We are being outplayed!
Ziggy, honestly, you don't understand football or life if you think this is on the players...you can't drive a race car at 200 miles per hour without confidence, let alone cover a receiver or block an all pro DE...it is the job of the coaches to put the players in positions to succeed and give them confidence...ours have NONE! Without confidence it makes the best of players look average!

Albert Einstein
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

So THIS is why we never try any trick plays.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
tedbear
Starter

Lets face it we all knew that Lulay was not healthy enough to play but we continued to play Glenn the whole game last week against Calgary. It seemed Benny had his mind that he was going to sink or swim with Glenn and then he bailed on Glenn and puts Partridge in a very tough unfair position.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

From the ridiculous to the sublime.