Which QB would you rather face?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Which QB would you rather face?

Ricky Ray
88%
Jason Maas
12%

Total votes: 42
Vic Romano

Rammer wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:Just saw a postgame TSN interview with Maciocia on the Esks quarterback situation for the Western final. His quote:
"I don't know who's going to start. There's no quarterback controversy here. We're going to go back to Edmonton and get this team ready to play next week"
:?
That in itself may provide the reason that the Esks ended up in third place this past season. A HC who isn't decisive or clear with his thoughts makes you wonder how all that paper talent ended up in third.
They finished in third because they crapped the bed against Hamilton. Win that game and 1st was a lock.
Rammer
Team Captain

Vic Romano wrote:
Rammer wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:Just saw a postgame TSN interview with Maciocia on the Esks quarterback situation for the Western final. His quote:
:?
That in itself may provide the reason that the Esks ended up in third place this past season. A HC who isn't decisive or clear with his thoughts makes you wonder how all that paper talent ended up in third.
They finished in third because they crapped the bed against Hamilton. Win that game and 1st was a lock.
If the same pattern results, big win against BC, huge loss against Hamilton the following week. Big win against BC, huge loss against Calgary the following week. Big win against Calgary, huge ........ 8)
Entertainment value = an all time low
Vic Romano

As opposed to the pattern exhibited by the Lions? Lose, lose, lose, lose, win, lose, lose.....
Rammer
Team Captain

Vic Romano wrote:As opposed to the pattern exhibited by the Lions? Lose, lose, lose, lose, win, lose, lose.....
win, win, just completing your Lions pattern for you there Vic.... :lol:
Power-O-O-O-O
Starter

I'd prefer Ray starts for Edmonton. Turnovers tend to make the difference in a big game (look at the WSF). Ray is more prone to throwing interceptions.

In general, I don't think he is careful with the football...He tends to throw it up while being tackled to try and avoid sacks. One of these times, there will be a defensive player standing there to catch one of those ducks. Wait, that already happened in CW this year, the next time there won't be a roughing the passer call :wink:
Vic Romano

Rammer wrote:
Vic Romano wrote:As opposed to the pattern exhibited by the Lions? Lose, lose, lose, lose, win, lose, lose.....
Think you missed a couple more losses. BC is a good team but you have to face facts that they've been struggling to find any consistency in the past 2 months.
Rammer
Team Captain

Vic Romano wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Think you missed a couple more losses. BC is a good team but you have to face facts that they've been struggling to find any consistency in the past 2 months.
Not much on the line, now the new goal has been set in front of them, I expect much more inspiration from them on this game.
Vic Romano

There was plenty on the line against Sask. They didn't look very good.
Rammer
Team Captain

Vic Romano wrote:There was plenty on the line against Sask. They didn't look very good.
As good as the Esks did against Calgary, no I take that back, the Lions looked much better than the Esks did with more to lose on the final game of the season. Lose and the Lions end up in second and win they get first. For the Esks win first, lose third, and they looked horrible, and rebounded, the Lions don't have to go near as far as that in order to take out the Esks.
Vic Romano

We'll see. Going back to last year's GC, the Lions have not been very impressive in big games.
Power-O-O-O-O
Starter

We'll see. Going back to last year's GC, the Lions have not been very impressive in big games.
Maybe. But what have the Esks done that's so impressive?

2004 WSF - home loss to Saskatchewan (scored only 6 points).
Game 18 2005 - huge loss in Calgary with first place on the line.
2005 WSF - Needed 5 turnovers from the opposition to win by a TD? That's impressive? I think not. Now they way Montreal whipped Sask was impressive.
Rammer
Team Captain

Power-O-O-O-O wrote:

2005 WSF - Needed 5 turnovers from the opposition to win by a TD? That's impressive? I think not. Now they way Montreal whipped Sask was impressive.
I think the final tally on turnovers was actually 7, that is not going to be a gift the Lions will be giving up.
Vic Romano

Power-O-O-O-O wrote:

They beat an 11-0 team (at one point long ago) twice coming down the stretch, they beat the defending GC champs down the stretch, and just knocked off the supposed hottest team in the league. Seems to be a lot more than what the Lions have done in their past 7 games. Maybe it's just me....
Vic Romano

Rammer wrote:
Power-O-O-O-O wrote:

I think the final tally on turnovers was actually 7, that is not going to be a gift the Lions will be giving up.
I think you need to look closer and discover that there were 5 forced turnovers by the eskimos defence. Calgary did butter finger a couple but for the most part they were being foced to cough up the ball.
Power-O-O-O-O
Starter

They beat an 11-0 team (at one point long ago) twice coming down the stretch, they beat the defending GC champs down the stretch, and just knocked off the supposed hottest team in the league. Seems to be a lot more than what the Lions have done in their past 7 games. Maybe it's just
Vic, I like your style. Keep changing the frame of reference. First it was since the last grey cup, now its the last 8 games :lol:

If we consider the last two seasons, and consider every game a big game, then by virtue of back-to-back first place finishes it is clear that BC has been the "big game" team in the west over the last two years.

While Edmonton has done well, they're one step closer to the Cup than last year, the bottom line is BC still has bragging rights in the West. On Sunday, BC puts them on the line. Should be an excellent game based on the previous match-ups with the Esks this year.

Hopefully there is some more scoring, and the refs do not factor heavily into the decision.