Western Final! - Where you sitting?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

Based on a couple of tweets I saw from the Lions ticket department today, it sounds like a number of season ticket holders were in panic mode trying to purchase their seats for the WF even though the deadline came and went about a week ago. Looks like the Lions are willing to hold those seats for at least a couple of days before releasing them for general sale.

This is so unlike 2007 when 1st place was basically a forgone conclusion. The Lions had to scramble to get out playoff ticket invoices and I'm sure many had to "see it to believe it" before purchasing their tickets.

The bigger season ticket base from 2005-08 also a provided a much greater jump on pre-sales for the WF. Most season ticket holders purchased extra seats and typically there were already 30,000 tickets sold.

Definitely more tickets to sell for this game but it has lots going for it, including the late season buzz this team has created and the fact the WF hasn't been played here in four years. Also throw in the afternoon start time perhaps allowing more people from the Island and beyond being lured to check out a renovated BC Place.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

David wrote:Sitting?? I'll be STANDING and cheering (hopefully). :wink:

Seriously, just like the "no alcohol" sections, the Lions should seriously consider a "standing" section at BCP, where like minded fans can stand and cheer without someone behind you yelling for you to sit down. Haha, try yelling that at a Seahawk or Roughrider game (if you can even be heard over the din). They'd just turn around and laugh at you.

DH :cool:
I pick sec 214 to stand if they can. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

They don't allow drunks in 214
MikeAK
All Star

TheLionKing wrote:They don't allow drunks in 214
hahaha... not from what I've seen. :wink:
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

ill be in 243 row c :)
2012 Season Ticket Holder
woody
Champion

Im in 244 row A :beer:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Hopefully where anybody who might have 2 good extra seats and is willing to sell them. :)
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
MikeAK
All Star

I'm now in section 414 row B... A friend of mine had ordered tickets just this morning and got nicer seats then mine that I purchased release day. So i called to see if anything better was open and sure enough there was. Moving from 439 to 414 might not be a huge improvement but the row sure is... before I was way the hell back there, now I'm in B. That alone was worth it for me.

I just hate the current online selection method used by the Lions and BC Place. I hope somebody from the lions or BC Place who has the ability to change the system reads this and installs that virtual map allowing us to actually see, and select, the actual seats we're buying.