Lions 36 - Stampeders 31 Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

joe kapp22
Legend

WestCoastJoe wrote:Yes, Lulay made 2 mistakes. But when you consider the pressure a QB is under, and when you consider how often they have the ball in their hands, I would say it is more important to consider how many plays they make that help their team get points.

IMO he is on track for a good career in the CFL. He has his confidence back, and is quite ocmposed. His mistakes were in not folding a play up when there is nothing there. IMO ...
Agree, that is so tough for a young Qb to overcome, make a huge mistake, then a sudden recovery, then to make something out of it.

Lulay just stepped right back into the huddle like nothing happened and moved BC into FG range, that is what a Veteran Qb does.

:beauty:
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

almo89 wrote:a) If it wasn't for the big returns for Davis, we wouldn't have gotten the late field goals.

b) I thought we were gonna lose when it was two and out and Burris gets the ball back in such good field position
a) You don't know that.

b) That's the CFL in a nutshell: Panic Attack for 60.
Rammer
Team Captain

Tale of two halves, the first an endzone busting rampage and the second only saw two balls make it to the endzone, both dropped for zero points. Kind of a strange day at the ballpark, but it does make it interesting should the Lions make the playoffs and end up playing the Stamps, they will have some concerns.

Both teams need to play that tiebreaker now. :beauty:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Hank will always be "The Girl With Curls". :juggle:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It was two games in one. In the first half, the teams scored a combined seven touchdowns and two field goals. In the second half they scored no touchdowns and four field goals, three of them by the Lions. After giving up a 20-point lead in the first half, the Lions came from behind to win in the fourth quarter for only the second time this year. That should build character and confidence.
Rammer
Team Captain

Hawkballer 14 wrote:
almo89 wrote:a) If it wasn't for the big returns for Davis, we wouldn't have gotten the late field goals.

b) I thought we were gonna lose when it was two and out and Burris gets the ball back in such good field position
a) You don't know that.

b) That's the CFL in a nutshell: Panic Attack for 60.
While he doesn't know it, to diminish the two returns of significant yardage isn't exactly fair either. The boost that the whole team took from those returns was reflected in the D's effort as well. Just like the Lewis hit, big plays factor into the entire teams efforts. Davis was quiet until the Lions needed a larger than life effort and Davis was able to supply it in back to back returns.
Entertainment value = an all time low
joe kapp22
Legend

Well, all eyes are turned to the Riders v Esks game tomorrow and Argos v Wpg games.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Game Day, Baby!
Rookie

I thought Tad Crawford had a monster game. He was very physical tonight. The only mistake I noticed was the missed tackle on Nik Lewis.

Get rid of T Crawford. Nobody else ever misses a tackle on Nik Lewis.

We lose two games badly when he sits and we win against Calgaruy when he plays, He has got to go!!
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Rammer wrote:While he doesn't know it, to diminish the two returns of significant yardage isn't exactly fair either.
Nowhere did I diminish Stud Davis' returns.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

ed_lunsford wrote:Well, all eyes are turned to the Riders v Esks game tomorrow and Argos v Wpg games.
Go Green! Go Boatmen! :beauty:
Anglophone
All Star

We got insanely lucky with that drop. By all rights, that should have been a touchdown.

We did show good composure for the first 27 minutes, though. Then... the onslaught of stupid penalties.

All things considered, it was a very exciting game.
truth-hurts
Rookie

SWEEEET! Great win by the Leos! I am so happy for the fans as well. We've gone through a lot this season and this win just makes the next 2 games that more exciting! What a way to set up for last home game, guys! GO LIONS!
Last edited by truth-hurts on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joe kapp22
Legend

Hawkballer 14 wrote:
ed_lunsford wrote:Well, all eyes are turned to the Riders v Esks game tomorrow and Argos v Wpg games.
Go Green! Go Boatmen! :beauty:
I really do believe if we play in the East, if we cross over, if we make the playoffs, we can make at least as much noise as we did in 09.

The D shut down a incredibly explosive offence in Calgary..twice.

Go Riders, go boatmen, we all have paid to much attention and cared to much to not at least make the playoffs and win 1..or..2 games... :roar:
Hawkballer 14
Champion

ed_lunsford wrote:I really do believe if we play in the East, if we cross over, if we make the playoffs, we can make at least as much noise as we did in 09.
Forget the East. I want the West; go into Riderville and punch them in the face, do the same (again) in Cowtown, then win the GC in front of Mr. Braley's other fans.
joe kapp22
Legend

Hawkballer 14 wrote:
ed_lunsford wrote:I really do believe if we play in the East, if we cross over, if we make the playoffs, we can make at least as much noise as we did in 09.
Forget the East. I want the West; go into Riderville and punch them in the face, do the same (again) in Cowtown, then win the GC in front of Mr. Braley's other fans.
For me, making the playoffs is a huge accomplishment, heading East means we have a shot at dealing with the Alo's..and the spanking they gave us last yr.

I'd much rather be air dropped into the East and play at wolf amongst the sheep than to slog it out in the West, none of which will be Home Games.

But oddly enough, Home Games are not an advantage this year..which is a huge disappointment. :thdn: