Game Day Thread - TiCats @ Lions - September 18

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Solar Max wrote:H
TheLionKing wrote:I hope the Lions contain Deandra Cobb, something they didn't do in two outings last season against Hamilton.
Cobb has had a bit of a sophomore jinx this season, so I think the Leos can keep him contained. I hope Kevin Glenn spends a lot of the evening running for his life.
Flip sides for a moment and think on how you could exploit the Lions, it is with Cobb and pounding down our DL. Be aware and perhaps the Lions can use this to thwart the running game of Hamilton, but it could cost us this game more than any other single thing.
Entertainment value = an all time low
joe kapp22
Legend

Well, not thrilled with the Dline being down to 4 guys, and hope they can use some Lb's and DE's.

Pumped for the game.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Area51
All Star

Dressing only 4 total D linemen is the dumbest idea I've seen yet. Absolute minimum would be 5 - - really need to have at least 6 available to be able to sub a DT and a DE.
zark
Champion

When they name some guy from Toronto called Area51 as the most winningest(sic) coach of all time in the CFL then you can say it's dumb. Right now it's just thought provoking.
Shouldn't you be thinking about the Bummers? Enjoy the game and good luck tomorrow. It's difficult for me to drink beer at 10 AM.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

If we've only got 4 D linemen dressed, then we are committed to a 3-4 scheme. If I was Hamilton I would go with a lot of no huddle. As much as we rant and rave about The Chap, this game may rest on the shoulders of Stubler and what he can do with our defensive secondary.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

zark wrote: It's difficult for me to drink beer at 10 AM.
1. go to fridge
2. select beer
3. open beer
4. drink beer
5. repeat steps 1-4 as needed

what's so difficult about that? :beer:
joe kapp22
Legend

Belize City Lion wrote:If we've only got 4 D linemen dressed, then we are committed to a 3-4 scheme. If I was Hamilton I would go with a lot of no huddle. As much as we rant and rave about The Chap, this game may rest on the shoulders of Stubler and what he can do with our defensive secondary.
Well, it remains to be seen as no one has posted the Roster Actives as of yet have they?

I suspect also that Sol-e will drop to DE and Joe Henderson starts at OLB.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
zark
Champion

Belize City Lion wrote:
1. go to fridge
2. select beer
3. open beer
4. drink beer

My wife. :beer:
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

With Buono's comments about getting CP out of the pocket, I'm excited.......it's been many years that I've been preaching about Chapdelaine trying to convert mobile QB's in pocket passers and finally Buono has figured it out !! I will be watching very, very closely to see if Chapdelaine follows through with what Buono has said.
Lloyd
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

zark wrote:
Belize City Lion wrote:
1. go to fridge
2. select beer
3. open beer
4. drink beer

Mine doesn't drink beer. That makes it easier for me. :beer: :beer:
joe kapp22
Legend

Shi Zi Mi wrote:With Buono's comments about getting CP out of the pocket, I'm excited.......it's been many years that I've been preaching about Chapdelaine trying to convert mobile QB's in pocket passers and finally Buono has figured it out !! I will be watching very, very closely to see if Chapdelaine follows through with what Buono has said.

Well for me, Messam and Davis, I'd like to see more done with them on the offense, we started to see some of that last week, I'd like to see a bit more.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

zark wrote:
Belize City Lion wrote:
1. go to fridge
2. select beer
3. open beer
4. drink beer

then let her have the beer and crack open a nice bottle of red wine :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

zark wrote: My wife. :beer:
that's why I always admired John Walton (from the TV show The Waltons)... Old John Sr. refused to go to church but his wife never missed a Sunday service. So John got the house to himself all Sunday morning to do as he pleased. Of course it was the great depression, there was no TV so of course no football on TV (or likely radio either), and John probably didn't have a beer fridge in his man cave... but he probably had a mason jar or two of "the recipe" that he would have with his coffee on those blissful Sunday mornings.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Is there an international internet feed for the game tonight?
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Is there an international internet feed for the game tonight?
I'm listening on teamradio.ca.... don't know if there is a video feed