Edm at Wpg - whom to cheer for??

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

A bit of a surprise that the Schmoes looked so bad.

Is Richie Hall that bad as a Head Coach? Or is the flu that floats down from the General Manager or the club President having its effect? I suspect it is mostly the latter. Organizations take on the values and goals of the leaders. If there is mush at the top, it filters down to the troops.

I also wonder if Maciocia is letting Hall coach as he wants, or is Maciocia interfering in the decision-making regarding personnel and schemes?

Whatever, it looks good on the formerly arrogant Evil Empire. Humble Pie.
David
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:I hope tonight wasn't the Esks 'hitting bottom'.
Exactly. That's why I asked the question. I was afraid of the Bombers really putting the boots to the Esks. They're bound to pick things up and get their first win sooner or later. Just our luck, they'll fire Richie Hall and get that "inspirational lift" from a new coach. Remember how motivated they were for Jason Tucker's return to Commonwealth when he was wearing the neck brace?

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:
notahomer wrote:I hope tonight wasn't the Esks 'hitting bottom'.
Exactly. That's why I asked the question. I was afraid of the Bombers really putting the boots to the Esks. They're bound to pick things up and get their first win sooner or later. Just our luck, they'll fire Richie Hall and get that "inspirational lift" from a new coach. Remember how motivated they were for Jason Tucker's return to Commonwealth when he was wearing the neck brace?

DH
I guess that all depends upon how the Esks attack this game, if all hands remain on deck I would hope to see the Lions take the game as easily as they did the first go around. Now if jobs (Coaching jobs) are lost or put on the line (as the Lions should do), the outcome may prove a difficult task for the Lions. You always see a slight improvement from a team with this kind of pressure on them, and they are at home. Too bad that this game wasn't at TEmpire, as the Lions may have more to play for as well.
Entertainment value = an all time low
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I'm kind of hoping for the 1963 version of the Shmoes this year :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1963_CFL_season
Real women wear orange!!
the-real-hugo
Rookie

CatsEyes wrote:I'm kind of hoping for the 1963 version of the Shmoes this year :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1963_CFL_season
My beloved Esks can't be that bad, can we? :wink:
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Edm at Wpg - whom to cheer for??
The answer, as always, is a meteor. Unless the Riders are playing, in which case it's two meteors. :rotf: