Pubgater at the Pemby Sunday

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Ballistic Bob
Legend

Canuck_4_Life wrote:What time is Seabus pick up at?
pickup time is 9:45. Look out for Gerry. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Ballistic Bob
Legend

pinkfreud wrote:I'll probably come. Of course, I'll have to skip church for it. :wink:
Can you catch a ride with Shannon? Otherwise pickup is 9:45 at the seabus my side. Look out for C4L and Gerry and now A/CD/CRocks. BB
Last edited by Ballistic Bob on Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinkfreud

Don't worry about me. I'll get there on my own.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:I'll probably come. Of course, I'll have to skip church for it. :wink:
"As I gaze out on all the empty seats this morning, I see that many of our parishioners have chosen to worship at the false idol of professional football..."

Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
pinkfreud

:lol:

Shannon, looks like you won't be meeting a holy man at this one.
O'Shea

pinkfreud wrote::lol:

Shannon, looks like you won't be meeting a holy man at this one.
Ahhhhhhh.... you see... one never knows where they might have a religious experience and with whom :wink: I'm just as likely utter words of prayer whilst watching football, as I am in the middle of mass at St. Paul's Cathedral or elsewhere ...I'm kinda flexible that way 8)
O'Shea

Then again that might just be the cab franc talking :lol:
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Just bumping it up for anyone away from their computers for a day. BB
Soundy
Hall of Famer

O'Shea wrote: Ahhhhhhh.... you see... one never knows where they might have a religious experience and with whom :wink:
That avatar is doin' it for me... 8)
O'Shea

Soundy wrote:
O'Shea wrote: Ahhhhhhh.... you see... one never knows where they might have a religious experience and with whom :wink:
That avatar is doin' it for me... 8)
Ohhhhh reaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyyyyy??!!! :shock: :lol:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

D-oh! You evil avatar changer!
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
pinkfreud

I have a 2006 team photo (signed by Wally) and a collector's edition Geroy Simon tossing coin to give away to the person at the pub who guesses closest to the final score.
O'Shea

Soundy wrote:D-oh! You evil avatar changer!
:twisted:

I'm not sure the Pemby is looking feasible for me... besides I made a totally amazing salmon strata-quiche last night and leftovers will be great for brunch :yes:
pinkfreud

Fine, no prizes for you then Missy.
Gerry
Legend

I'm out as well.

I slept in. :oops:

Still, I've got a nice 42" LCD HDTV to watch the game on at home, so I won't be suffering too much.

Have fun, everybody. :beer:

Edit: for typo. :oops: