Yahoos at BC Place Stadium

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

No Ordinary Joe wrote:I thought they did a great job trying to limit the rowdiness at the game last night. There was a much more noticable presence of both police and security and there wasn't one incident of note. Good job! I never did understand the need for constant beer consumption during a game anyways, people miss so much game action when they're constantly making trip after trip to the concessions.
SJ46 wrote:Agreed. I liked the increased security. Lots of families & kids out for the Edmnton game. Great to see.
I agree with both points: nice to see an increased security presence, and even more so, lots of kids and families having a great time at the game. It should be noted however, that this trend that has been on-going for some time. I recall very few incidents in the stands last year. IMO, our June 15 preseason game was an aberration. A combination of a "mean nothing game" to many, lax security, and an abundance of free tickets floating around was a recipe for disaster. To hear many in the media go on and on about it (such as TEAM1040's Barry MacDonald), one would assume that widespread brawling at BC Place is an every game occurrence.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Soundy
Hall of Famer

No Ordinary Joe wrote:I thought they did a great job trying to limit the rowdiness at the game last night. There was a much more noticable presence of both police and security and there wasn't one incident of note. Good job! I never did understand the need for constant beer consumption during a game anyways, people miss so much game action when they're constantly making trip after trip to the concessions.
...and subsequently to the washroom.

"Hey buddy, great game tonight, eh?"
"I'unno, I *hic* can'member anythin' passh th' firsht quarter... *hurk*"
smphantom
Legend

Soundy wrote:

It is a free society. If people want to drink during a game they have that right and freedom, as long as it is done responsibly. Just because one doesn't drink during the game for whatever reason (too cheap etc), you shouldn't cast judgement on those that do.

I didn't drink during the last game, but when I do, I pick my spots during the game (TV time out etc) to grab another or visit the washroom.
Stay thirsty my friends.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
SJ46 wrote:Agreed. I liked the increased security. Lots of families & kids out for the Edmnton game. Great to see.
I agree with both points: nice to see an increased security presence, and even more so, lots of kids and families having a great time at the game. It should be noted however, that this trend that has been on-going for some time. I recall very few incidents in the stands last year. IMO, our June 15 preseason game was an aberration. A combination of a "mean nothing game" to many, lax security, and an abundance of free tickets floating around was a recipe for disaster. To hear many in the media go on and on about it (such as TEAM1040's Barry MacDonald), one would assume that widespread brawling at BC Place is an every game occurrence.

DH 8)
I agree with this. Time to move on with the exception of those who are in charge of security. I don't want them ever to forget the lesson so that it is less likely to happen again. Interestingly, after the game, I was at a restaurant where there were a couple of County Mounties eating dinner and they asked about the game attendance. When I told them, they looked at each other and said it was going to be a busy night. I mentioned that they had curtailed the drinking concessions and they basically said, it wouldn't matter. That people would just funnell into the local bars and get out of control there instead.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

smphantom wrote:
Soundy wrote:

It is a free society. If people want to drink during a game they have that right and freedom, as long as it is done responsibly. Just because one doesn't drink during the game for whatever reason (too cheap etc), you shouldn't cast judgement on those that do.
Nobody's casting judgement... just saying, we don't understand going to such an event and then missing a good chunk of it to make sure you can't remember the rest.

We're not talking about the majority of people who enjoy a beer or two, here; we're talking about the clowns for whom the overpriced, watered-down, undersized beer seems to be the main event.
smphantom
Legend

Soundy wrote:We're not talking about the majority of people who enjoy a beer or two, here; we're talking about the clowns for whom the overpriced, watered-down, undersized beer seems to be the main event.
Agreed, but those clowns have that right and priviledge to indulge in the described beer, as long as it is done responsibly. Unfortunately, there will always be a few bad apples in the bunch. For many of them, going to a Lions game is the first stop of a night out, before proceeding to a bar downtown-when I was in my 20's I used to do the same thing.

In 20 years those same clowns will be ranting about the exact issues facing them at the games. :lol:
Stay thirsty my friends.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

smphantom wrote:
Soundy wrote:We're not talking about the majority of people who enjoy a beer or two, here; we're talking about the clowns for whom the overpriced, watered-down, undersized beer seems to be the main event.
Agreed, but those clowns have that right and priviledge to indulge in the described beer,
And again, we're not saying they're not, just that we don't understand it apparently being their main reason for being at the game.
In 20 years those same clowns will be ranting about the exact issues facing them at the games. :lol:
Too true. "When did I turn into my mother??"
Zarquon
Champion

I guess the "Yahoo of the Game" for this week goes to Adam Braidwood's dad. What he did is almost as bad as what that idiot who hit the ref did.
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

I heard that when i was listning to the Podcasts i download from the team 1040
Lets Go Lions!