Games of Week 2, June 21 to June 23, 2018

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rout continues 41-1 on a punt return for a touchdown
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Finally an Argo touchdown. 2 point conversion unsuccessful 41-7
maxlion
Legend

This was not a good week for my yearly predictions.

I was not overly surprised to see Winnipeg beat Montreal, but expected Montreal to at least show some life. I am beginning to think I may have overestimated them. Will we see another mid-season coaching change?

Kudos to Paul Lapolice for a dominant offensive effort with a raw rookie qb.

If I overestimated Montreal, I perhaps underestimated Hamilton and especially Masoli who played terrific. Great poise and confidence. And it looks like the team and coaches are on the same page.

Not a good week for the Riders or Argos, but I think they will bounce back. Franklin is an adequate replacement for Ray, and Trestman is still the best coach in the CFL.

Ottawa looks great which is no surprise. Harris is without question a top 3 qb in the league.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Future reference ...

What did Ottawa do right on offence to break down the Riders' defence? Harris. Powell. Ellingson. Spencer. BTW, good pickup with Noel Thorpe as DC.

What did LaPolice's offence do well to break down Stubler's defence? Streveler. On land and in the air, but not on the sea. Harris. No Nicholls, no problem. It seems evident that it does not matter that the Bombers get underestimated. O'Shea is there, and the Bombers play with efficiency and high spirit under his leadership.

What did Hamilton do well on offence to break down Benny's defence? Ummm ... not that difficult methinks. Masoli. Timmis. Banks. Tasker. June Jones can crank up an offence. And he can find a high level Canadian running back, sitting on the bench. It seems evident that the TiCats love playing for Jones.

What did Calgary do well to destroy Toronto's defence? Mittchell. Jackson. Williams. Rogers. One could not say that the Stampeders have been standing pat with proven veterans.

2018-06-24_1031.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:35 pm
Let's be clear. Lapo, like Doug Brown before him and Buck Pierce are now Winnipeg lifers. Something took hold while working there that instilled an incredible sense of loyalty to the city of Winnipeg. I just can't see him leaving for a Head Coaching position elsewhere. I don't think he wants to leave the gig he's got. Just my take on things from what I've read and heard.

DH :cool:
You might well be right but the other truths are that people got to eat, pay for houses, college educations and what not and the money a head coach makes is superior to an assistant so it is certainly worth a phone call from the Lions at the end of the season (if they are interested) to see if he would entertain the prospect of being an HC again. All one can do is ask. I'm sure there was a time when the idea of Wally Buono being our HC was unthinkable as well. Things change, situations are always in flux so we shouldn't rule it out.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
David
Team Captain

Lapo would be a good choice, but I don't know his affiliation with Ed. GMs normally go with guys they know and trust. I am willing to bet our next HC will be Mark or Jarious. I think Jarious will be a great head coach as he is a natural leader and well respected. Just not sure if he's ready after only a year as OC.

Still, Jarious as Head Coach and Travis as OC is a combo I'd be into as some point.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar