Game Day Thread: Lions vs. Stamps Jul 24

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cromartie
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Glad you stayed up to watch that one Toppy?
Pish. 1:30 here. I've been up since 4 a.m. But I'm still giddy I own a HD TV. It's all good.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

A good old fashion ass kicking!!! Just what the leo's need. Why the hell is Nande playing during garbage time?? McKenzie has been a huge disappointment IMO. Glatt... his time as come and gone. Too small, slow and white. Simply said, both sides of our line were humiliated. Don't feel bad at all... this one might wake Wally up. Shivers is going to be a busy man. Oh, and we lose 3 of our first rounders this season.... isn't it the coach's job to protect the future of this club? Pathetic. :tp:
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Simply said, both sides of our line were humiliated. Don't feel bad at all... this one might wake Wally up.
That was my thought too.

Really, the list of solid performers was very short.

Whyte, Mallett, Marsh. Tough to argue against Geroy when no one can get him the ball.
LFITQ
Team Captain

cromartie wrote:
Pish. 1:30 here. I've been up since 4 a.m. But I'm still giddy I own a HD TV. It's all good.
I understand the giddiness for the HD TV. Well deserved.

But for the record, Toppy is in Hong Kong and has been posting most of the day - including the 10am live blog chat with LU. So I gotta give him some props. Plus you have HD TV adrenaline. You'll be crashing and burning soon... :wink: :tease: :tease:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Wow .... what a stench from the dome tonight.
Good thing only 27,000 was there to see it. Lions didn't have one home game in ’08 with less than 30,000 and so far in two games they haven't come close to that number (cue the silent alarm bells).
Good news is if the team keeps performing like that they will only need 15,000 temporary bleachers at Empire next season.

Just a dreadful performance. When it's that bad it has to be hung on the coaches who were schooled in all three areas of the game. Blame the GM too for for not adequately replacing talent and leadership.

Chapdelaine is the favourite whipping boy in this forum and he gets his share tonight. But Dorazio's unit has looked just brutal in at least 2 games this season and tonight they were overmatched against mainly a 3-man rush. Angus Reid looks to be in the twilight of his career.

And Mike Benevides ... the further you drift away from Dave Ritchie's system the worse this defensive unit looks. You have made a league all-star in Anton McKenzie look very average. Your blitzing is predictable but required on a regular basis due to the zero pressure generated by the front 4.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:
cromartie wrote:
I understand the giddiness for the HD TV. Well deserved.

But for the record, Toppy is in Hong Kong and has been posting most of the day - including the 10am live blog chat with LU. So I gotta give him some props. Plus you have HD TV adrenaline. You'll be crashing and burning soon... :wink: :tease: :tease:

It is my day time here but was on LU last night until the Sports Editor Jonathan MacDonald suggest I go to bed just before 2 am or close to that.. It was an interesting discussion that is still there for all to see.

The game was ugly today. It didn't get any prettier in post rain we had here.

Glad to see the HC admitted that they were out coached which is getting to be frequent as other teams are changing things up and are not so predictable and bland as BC seems to be. It seems the fans on this site say things, then the Lions later admit this to be the situation.

Today, early Rolly Lumbala proves that he just might be as good as the coach's family thinks he is. It hurt BC and gave them a slow start. They need to come out fast against teams and stretch the field and mix up the plays.

Dorazio's line is looking ordinary here. Again chemistry there takes time.

Off to shop for some stuff here. Have a nice sleep guys.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

That was the biggest waste of money i ever spent. Pierce was a joke. That guy sucks. We'll be fighting the smos for fourth if pierce remains our starter. Cut him and let lulay and champion get some reps, the fact that he even thought about the NFL is hilarious, Pierce isn't even good enough for arena football.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E