2024 U.S. Presidential Election Thread

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

The 2024 U.S. Presidential Election is approaching and with only a 34% approval rating for Joe Biden ending 2023, it will be interesting contest in the next couple of months. Recently, there’s been even talk about Biden not seeking re-election. But first things first and the Republican Party needs to have its on Presidential nomination starting with the Iowa caucus in just two weeks on January 15, 2024. But compared to the last three decades, there seems to be less enthusiasm and interest in the party nomination.

That said, there are still six major candidates running for the 2024 Republican Party presidential primaries. If you don’t want Joe Biden to win re-election, then which Republican candidate do you think would be the best opponent against Joe Biden? Adding a poll showing the six candidates and their home state.
Last edited by Robbie on Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

how about whoever is most anti Trump
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Chris Christie just dropped out of the Republican nomination race before the Iowa caucus on January 15.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Okay, here is hoping that Trump will be ineligible . Frankly, the US has found a permanent residence on Planet Whack for even considering this fool again. I mean what do they want? There economy is doing better, unemployment is down, they are gradually restoring there relationships with NATO. What did Trump ever do for them but put kids in cells and PO most of their best allies.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
QB Club 63
All Star

There should be an option in the poll for "Other" or "Anyone Except These People!".

Looking at all the candidates (on both sides) from my armchair I just shake my head and wonder "Are these the best they can find????" :tease:

Maybe American voter should be able to "write-in" their favourite actor for their portrayal of the US President. Could you imagine Martin Sheen (Jed Bartlett, The West Wing)? Michael Douglas (The American President)? Jamie Foxx (White House Down)? Bill Pulman (Independence Day franchise)? Jamie Lee Curtis (An Acceptable Loss) :popcorn:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

QB Club 63 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:02 pm
There should be an option in the poll for "Other" or "Anyone Except These People!".
You might know that when I create polls, I never had any outlier selections such as OTHER.
The reason being that personallly, I find outlier selections simply too distracting and everybody will choose them.

Back in 2016, Canadian-born Ted Cruz was the biggest competitor to Donald Trump in the 2016 Republican Party presidential primaries. It will be interesting to see who will be the biggest competitors this time.

And while the sitting President will always win their party's presidential nomination, there are actually two other competitors against Joe Biden in the 2024 Democratic Party presidential primaries - Dean Phillips from Minnesota and Marianne Williamson from California.

Biden has confirmed that VP Kamala Harris will still be his running mate.
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Donald Trump easily wins the Iowa caucus.

Next two primaries:

New Hampshire - January 23
Nevada - February 6

If Trump wins the 2024 Republican Presidential nomination, it will be interesting to see if he will continue to select Mike Pence as his running mate or would it be someone who is running for the Replican nomination, i.e. one of Haley, DeSantis, Ramaswamy, or Hutchinson.
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Vivek Ramaswamy and Asa Hutchinson have withdrawn as well.

So now it's a three way race between Trump, Ron DeSantis, and Nikki Haley.

I'd say if neither DeSantis nor Haley win the next few primaries, they will withdraw as well leaving Trump uncontested for the Republican nomination.
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:20 pm
Vivek Ramaswamy and Asa Hutchinson have withdrawn as well.

So now it's a three way race between Trump, Ron DeSantis, and Nikki Haley.

I'd say if neither DeSantis nor Haley win the next few primaries, they will withdraw as well leaving Trump uncontested for the Republican nomination.
Even before the New Hampshire primary, Ron DeSantis has ended his presidential bid and is endorsing Trump.

That just leaves Nikki Haley competing against Trump for the Republican nomination and I wonder how long she will last.

I'd say it's unlikely Trump will either candidate as their running mates as DeSantis is also from Florida and Haley is from South Carolina which is mostly Republican and he will likely have to choose a running mate from a traditionally Democratic state.
祝你龍年行大運。
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Donald Trump is losing it but we can't laugh yet as his ideas are very likely to be in Canada with the CONservatives

President Trump made a bit of a historical blunder during his Fourth of July “Salute to America” speech Thursday when he said that the Continental Army “took over the airports” from the British during the American Revolutionary War in the 1770s.
Trump praised the Americans’ military efforts in the war against Great Britain. “Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory,” he said.
https://time.com/5620936/donald-trump-r ... -airports/

Trump talking about uranium and PM Justin Trudeau answering a question on quantum physics at an academic conference:

https://twitter.com/BigBlueWaveUSA

"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Donald Trump wins the New Hampshire primary.

Nikki Haley said that she will stay in the race until Super Tuesday on March 5. But we'll see if she will keep that word especially if she doesn't win on February 8 with the Nevada and Virgin Islands caucuses.
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Nikki Haley fails to win the primary of her own state of South Carolina. This all but secures Trump of winning the 2024 Republican Party nomination.

It will be interesting to see who he will select as his running mate, and whether it will be one of the candidates who were originally running for the Republican nomination.
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

After Super Tuesday in which Trump has won all the states with the exception of Vermont and previously Washington DC, Nikki Haley has formally suspended her presidential campaign.

So definitely a rematch from the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election.

Let's see who Trump will select as his running mate.
祝你龍年行大運。
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

As a betting man, I'd say someone like Jim Jordan.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:18 pm
As a betting man, I'd say someone like Jim Jordan.
One nut job deserve another