Sammy Greene

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

To: Nicgreene19. I echo Toppy's sentiments. I'm very sorry for your loss. Remember that you can choose your own path. Life provides many examples of what to be and what not to be. Your job is to try and figure out what that is for you. As long as you try to be the best version of yourself, you will be able to look in the mirror.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I wonder if D would have the email for the Dpaga who actually saw Sammy Greene in San Diego.
As long as he got that person's permission to provide that to Nic Greene, that might connect the two of them as Nic could speak to Dpaga possibly.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Nicgreene19
prospect

Thank you for the kind words @toppy Vann. As well as that short story :) I would like to hope that he would maybe clean up his act if we were to somehow get into contact, but at this point in my life I don’t really know if I care to make the effort. Yea I finished up my last year at the university of Toronto playing Football so onto the next step/journey. It’s cool to know my dad was known/good for his small time though. Hope you have a great day.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Toppy Vann wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:02 pm
I wonder if D would have the email for the Dpaga who actually saw Sammy Greene in San Diego.
As long as he got that person's permission to provide that to Nic Greene, that might connect the two of them as Nic could speak to Dpaga possibly.
Could just try to direct message Dpaga thru Lionbackers. It's been so long since I first registered that I don't recall if an email was required but if it was and he used a valid one he should get alerted.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Nicgreene19 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:39 pm
Thank you for the kind words @toppy Vann. As well as that short story :) I would like to hope that he would maybe clean up his act if we were to somehow get into contact, but at this point in my life I don’t really know if I care to make the effort. Yea I finished up my last year at the university of Toronto playing Football so onto the next step/journey. It’s cool to know my dad was known/good for his small time though. Hope you have a great day.
I can't even imagine being in your situation, one that is not in any way unique. I'd think most would like to reunite in hopes it will be a truly positive experience for everybody involved but at the same time fear rejection or indifference. Looking for a homeless person in San Diego would have to be like looking for a needle in a haystack. However I think a lot of folks who learn to survive homeless in the streets likely become creatures of habit who don't venture far from what becomes their area of comfort. If you can get within a dozen blocks of that you can probably find him. Whether a meeting would ever work out positively who knows. Obviously you are the only one with the resources to make a possible meeting happen. If things work out fantastic. If they don't at least you can have closure on that chapter of your life.

For some reason this Sammy Greene thing has me recalling some NHL stories. "Busher" Jackson was a player of high regard with Joe Primeau and Lionel Conacher on the Leafs "Kid Line" in the 1930s. He died penniless and homeless at 55.
Read the part on his personal life. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busher_Jackson

Similarly Joe Murphy who was first overall pick by Detroit in the 1986 Draft has been living homeless in Kenora for a few years now. He's tried to rehab but seems to accept the life he has.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Murphy_(ice_hockey)
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.