Bombers-Lions: The Showdown

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Walt67 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:10 pm
Toppy Vann wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:28 am
Driving around late yesterday afternoon and again in the early evening heading to the gym, I was surprised that even 94.5, 95.3 and 96.9 had the often mindless chatter actually suggest this is a game to go to with the upper bowl opening up.

Rick Campbell's positioning this as a chance to win first place and get the bye into the WDF is the right tone to set.
Argos didn't need to put it all on the line in their tilt with the Bombers so reading too much into that games isn't possible if one were to think of a future GC matchup of last year's combatants.

This year is interesting in that BC has a legit path to the GC if they can keep up their hot play despite the run game's limitations.

Also, the East is not a gimme for the Argos either.
You mention the East and it is worth mentioning that for a change it was good to see some strong teams and performances in the East instead of the traditional turtle derby with a predictable West to East crossover. It is interesting to see Hamilton make a hard charge in the second half of the campaign after wading through endless QB woes. It will also be worth watching to see how the Argos play in the Eastern final after weeks and weeks of mean-nothing games.
The pick-up in the East where even Ottawa has been notable for good games is good for the CFL and building the fan base.

I feel this BC team is together in the right way for this time of year and hopefully no injuries will change that.

VA or Collaros discussion for MOP from the west:

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/should-col ... te~2780779

The East is looking up since Hamilton picked up their game lately and that will put pressure on Montreal to make sure they too are on top of their game.

Argos I feel won't have lost anything as that team is really together and well coached and their overall team leader is undeniably Chad Kelly. We've seen QBs pushing to get in the game but Kelly didn't do anything like to detract from Cameron Dukes. I kind of wondered if Kelly going into the game and trying to win it might have happened but it didn't and says something about their team and QB all on the same page.

Ouellette was tailgating pre-game (not drinking though I don't think ) on his sit-out game but kickoff time he was right there on the sideline focused.
Chad Kelly surprisingly (kind of -as he's a competitor) didn't at all look like he was unhappy to sit his game out despite knowing his stats won't get better. When the Argos could have won late in the game, there was no Chad Kelly running for his helmet or giving off an image he wanted to take over.
We'll see others sit too over the next few games I think as their bye weeks were gone early this year.

The Bombers have a number of team leaders but their situation is that they still have to win the West and aren't going to sit out their stars unless banged up or Q at least for now.

This Chalk Talk with DaVaris Daniels and Chad Kelly was kind of neat where the play call was:
Rebel Right, R Speed, Cold Bear Columbia:

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/chalk-talk ... td~2779065

It's less interesting when Lapo does this detailed stuff in game or on the panel but I found this interesting here with the players talking like DaVaris Daniels explaining his decision to over or under a defender on the same play call based on what he sees and knowing that the DEF has seen that play a lot.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/chalk-talk ... td~2779065
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

For any Lionbackers I scooped 4 extra tickets on the Bring A Friend promotion but have been unable to find a home for them amongst my friends and relatives in the lower mainland. I'd be happy to pass them along to any Lionbackers who would like them or know a young family who might like them. Sec 207 Row U seats 103-106.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Hambone wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:44 am
For any Lionbackers I scooped 4 extra tickets on the Bring A Friend promotion but have been unable to find a home for them amongst my friends and relatives in the lower mainland. I'd be happy to pass them along to any Lionbackers who would like them or know a young family who might like them. Sec 207 Row U seats 103-106.
EDIT: some cousins came through. Tickets have a home.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

We will either win a close one or get blown out.
tedbear
Starter

Lion Guy wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:48 pm
I hope you are wrong and the third option happens
A LION BLOWOUT WIN. :yahoo:

Go Lions!
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Here we go. Let’s see who we really are.
almo89
Legend

I'm pretty nervous about this game. I've seen too many hyped up home games that attract a big crows and the Lions lay an egg. I really hope it's not like that.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:48 pm
You and me both.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

almo89 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:09 pm
I'm pretty nervous about this game. I've seen too many hyped up home games that attract a big crows and the Lions lay an egg. I really hope it's not like that.
Yup
Rammer
Team Captain

October 6th has been on my schedule since the great game on a short week in Winnipeg, by the Lions. Who expected the Lions to be in this position at this stage of the season? Nothing to lose and everything to gain is the approach to success for the Lions and of course being the front runner out of the gate. Lions can’t afford to trail, bring or at least meet the Bombers physicality and it is a winnable game.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

VA looking sharp so far
almo89
Legend

VA looking good on the first drive, but only gets a FG. We'll take the points early on. Let's see what Ryan Phillips has up his sleeve
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

That was a good drive. But we need to run
Disturber
Champion

Lion Guy wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:19 pm
That was a good drive. But we need to run
Agreed :beer:
Go Lions!
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer