Ottawa @ BC Sept 16, 2023

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David Mackie is another Lyle Green. All he does is block, block and block some more. It would be a career year if he winds up with 5 carries for the season.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:25 pm
David Mackie is another Lyle Green. All he does is block, block and block some more. It would be a career year if he winds up with 5 carries for the season.
The irony is that the coaches have full
confidence in Mackie taking all reps at running back if something happens to Mizzell, so much so they don’t dress another back, yet they’ve only let him carry the ball once this season.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:53 pm
TheLionKing wrote:
confidence in Mackie taking all reps at running back if something happens to Mizzell, so much so they don’t dress another back, yet they’ve only let him carry the ball once this season.
Herein lies the problem. Defences know he's not getting the football. Where he lines up is probably a very good indication where the run is going to be. Where do you think the defence's focus is going to be ?
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:44 pm
What really concerns me about BC's defense is how soft they are defending stuff out in the flats. I noticed that when I was out in Montreal too. Want to move the ball against them well just let things develop slowly and either run the ball that way or have a receiver slide out there. Guaranteed there will be no BC defender within 10 yards.
When that happens, you're overcompensating for something with the guy who would normally be in that area. Either you're dropping too many guys in coverage, or someone on the line is overcommitting. Which is it, you think?
squishy35
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:07 pm
B.C.FAN wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:53 pm
TheLionKing wrote:
Herein lies the problem. Defences know he's not getting the football. Where he lines up is probably a very good indication where the run is going to be. Where do you think the defence's focus is going to be ?
I would love to see Mackie on some screen passes. The guy is a juggernaut once he gets momentum.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:45 pm
Lions haven't had a running back tandem since the days of Sean Millington and Robert Drummond
Well said although I'd say that the running tandem between Sean Millington and Cory Philpot from 1993-95 was very good as well with Philpot establishing a then-league record of 22 TD's in 1995.

But that said, whenever there's any discussion about top, best, favourite Lions running backs, Millington only has a remote chance of being mentioned while Drummond and Philpot will never be mentioned. And along with that, the Millington/Drummond tandem were the key instrumental factors in the 2000 Grey Cup playoff run and win but that will always be the least popular Lions championship.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Toppy Vann wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:26 am

Argos dressed 5 RBs and used McMahon in the slot and kick return at times but with BC it's not our back it's the system.
The Argos may have dressed 5 RBs in their last game but they are still a 2 back offence. Harris is now a depth back/insurance to spell Ouelette off averaging 4 runs and 1 catch per game. I believe that this past weekend was the first time McMahon suited up this year. The other two Adeboboye and Leake are primarily used on special teams guys with any offensive reps having come late in garbage time in blowouts when Dinwiddie wants to park the big two for the night. Adeboboye has as many special team tackles, 11, as touches on offense. 7 of his 10 carries came in the 4th quarter of their June blowout over the Elks. Similarly 3 of Leake's 4 carries came in the final 3 minutes of a blowout win over the Riders.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
yukonlion
All Star

Made my annual trek to bc place from dawson city. Have yet to see the lions lose when I’m in attendance. Said to my wife I think my streak is over. She’s an Ottawa fan and said we’ll find a way to blow it. She must have been the only one to call it.great game experience as always!
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I just watched a youtube highlights video of the game and one thing that stood out was a lot of sloppy tackling from the Lions. Early in the season the tackling was a Defense highlight.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

37-21 (16 point deficit) with 2:27 remaining at the snap when the comeback began.

I don't think there are any records on biggest comeback resulting in a win after a certain amount of time remaining (fourth quarter, after 3 minute warning, etc).

But if there was such a list, I'm sure this game would rank in the top 5, i.e. biggest point deficit win after the three minute warning.

Off the top of your head, do you remember any other huge deficit wins or losses in Lions history after the three minute warning?

While not such an example, in the 2011 Grey Cup the Lions got a huge 31-9 lead with less than four minutes left before the Blue Bombers closed the gap to 31-23 with two quick TD's. Fortunately the ensuing onsite kick was unsuccessful which allowed the Lions to add a FG to clinch the win.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。