Nathan Rourke's brother (and Chase Brown)

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cms22
Starter

just a heads-up,

Nathan's younger brother Cameron is the starting QB at Ohio University. they are playing at Penn State tomorrow at 9 am (Vancouver time). the game is on ABC and TSN......Cameron had a fantastic opening weekend last week throwing for 345 yards on 33 attempts...... Ohio had been a little lost on the field since Nathan and the HC Frank Solich both left a few years ago................... for anyone who likes betting, i think OHIO ATS and game OVER are awesome bets.

many people will know about Chase Brown, especially after the CFL draft ratings came out recently.....it won't surprise me if Chase, from London Ontario, is the leading NCAA rusher this season. and his brother is all-Big 10 safety, starting for his 5th straight season (something not possible pre-COVID - covid year didn't count against eligibility - and some changes in redshirt rules the past few years).... i think Chase would have been good fringe Heisman candidate but Illini blew a game they should have won last week at Indiana. figure Illini would need to be 9-3 and Chase have monster yards for him to be decent candidate. these days almost all of the top 3-4 Heisman finishers are from dominant teams. i think almost all winners recently have been from "4 team playoff" teams. Lamar Jackson at Louisville was an exception
Walt67
Starter

Thanks for the head's up. I just came to remind people about this game but you already have. Watched a bit of the game til halftime and it's amazing how much Cameron looks like his brother. It would be great if he plays in the CFL one day, though as the Lions have traded away good draft picks he probably won't be in Orange. Interesting how the Rourke brothers might totally change the views of Canadian quarterbacks in our league.
South Pender
Legend

I think his name is Kurtis Rourke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurtis_Rourke

He didn't have a good game against Penn State today--14 of 30 for 119 yards. Penn State 46-10. Still, Ohio was vastly over-matched against a good Big 10 team.
cms22
Starter

Ohio just had 2 bad games...... really fallen off ex: Nathan/Solich

this is more Vancouver-centric than CFL..... Washington Huskies may have a surprisingly good season.... their new QB Penix is god-like but has had injury issues. transferred from Indiana where he almost beat Ohio State (who were scoring at will)

UW's new coach is partially a protege of ex-BC HC Jeff Tedford, who is now back at Fresno for a second run