Cross Over Possibilities?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well, the Stamps beat the Riders for the 2nd time and are now only one game back of them with season series well in hand. We on the other hand have lost the season series with the Riders. The Stamps appear to be slowly righting their ship, the Roughies are perhaps not as solid as they first appeared at the start of the season and then there is us. We know we have some big issues. Do we have any realistic chance of finishing in the top 3 or are we really hoping now for some kind of crossover position? We play Calgary next, I would humbly suggest that if we can't find a win there that we have no chance whatsoever of finishing higher than 4th. And if that is the case, then what would people predict our record would need to be to secure a crossover?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
maxlion
Legend

Edmonton and Ottawa are probably out. That means we need to be ahead of one other team to make the playoffs.

The problem is that most of our remaining games are against pretty good teams. We have to learn to beat good teams. If we do, the playoffs are a lock and 2nd or 3rd in the West is still a possibility. If not, we will be on the outside.

I think a 500 record might be enough. I haven't studied the odds and schedules so this is purely a guess. After this weekend, Montreal will probably be at 500, and Calgary will be hot on our tails, so I guess that 500 will be close to the cut off point.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Calgary remaining games: @BC, Riders, @Ottawa, @BC, Winnipeg.

BC remaining games: Calgary, @Winnipeg, @Toronto, @Hamilton, Calgary, Edmonton.

I think you are right that 3-3 will get it done as long as 2 of those are against the Stamps.
Calgary has the easier schedule. With Ottawa and who knows how the Bombers will treat their last game on the road with 1st locked up.
Was really hoping Riders would have split that home-and-home. Would give the Lions breathing room and wouldn’t mind at all going to Mosiac in the semis for another crack at the Riders.

If Riders didn’t have 2 of their remaining 5 against the Elks I would say there is a chance they could be reeled in by both teams. If they go 2-3 BC would have to go 4-2.

We need to be close to full health next Saturday with Whitehead the obvious exception. Get Posey up to speed this week and into the line-up.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

BC wins the season series with Calgary if they earn the split in the 2 remaining games.

In the meantime lets drop such discussion. Talking about playoff possibilities at this stage is what Rider fans do. ;)
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
BC 1988
Legend

Hambone wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:52 pm
BC wins the season series with Calgary if they earn the split in the 2 remaining games.

In the meantime lets drop such discussion. Talking about playoff possibilities at this stage is what Rider fans do. ;)
Yes full meltdown mode is going on over on RF right now. :rotf: