Saskatchewan at B.C. Lions Oct. 18, 2019 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

BC 1988 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:46 pm
^^^This.
The first time Claybrooks said that he "couldn't" pull Reilly out of the game, I knew we had a problem. I doubt Wally would have tiptoed around like that back when he was coaching.
Speaking of Wally, I noticed he was at the game last night with his family. I wonder if he is helping Braley evaluate the organization.
ziggy
Legend

Hope he wasn’t chuckling about those who thought replacing him was the road to the cup! Bet he had too much class!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

In many ways Reilly reminds me of Damon Allen.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:23 pm
no way
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
David
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
We held a secret vote. We're renouncing your Lionbacker membership in good standing for that comment.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Dusty wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:05 am

I wish we had an offensive coordinator that adjusted their "system" to the strengths of the players instead of trying to adjust the players to their "system".
Do the Riders have such an OC? Or in Fajardo do they finally have a QB to match the OC's system? Until this season Rider fans have wanted McAdoo sent down the road pretty much since the day he arrived for using the same old unimaginative system. The criticisms of Jackson this year are almost verbatim to what Rider Nation was accusing McAdoo of each of the first 3 years in Regina. There was nothing that would have made them happier than McAdoo getting the road map and apple after last season. He was still getting ripped for play calling after Friday night's game.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

yukonlion wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:18 pm
. Didnt feel the play calling when Kraemer went in gave him a chance...
That was all fairly predictable. One had to know Kraemer would be dealing with a very short version of the playbook. One also had to know the Riders be expecting run on 1st down and would not be holding back on the pass rush if the 1st down run left a passing situation. They'd be stunting and sending 6 or more every passing down.
Dusty
Champion

Hambone wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:43 pm
Dusty wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:05 am

I wish we had an offensive coordinator that adjusted their "system" to the strengths of the players instead of trying to adjust the players to their "system".
Do the Riders have such an OC? Or in Fajardo do they finally have a QB to match the OC's system? Until this season Rider fans have wanted McAdoo sent down the road pretty much since the day he arrived for using the same old unimaginative system. The criticisms of Jackson this year are almost verbatim to what Rider Nation was accusing McAdoo of each of the first 3 years in Regina. There was nothing that would have made them happier than McAdoo getting the road map and apple after last season. He was still getting ripped for play calling after Friday night's game.
It's not surprising that there hare similar criticisms, given the connections between McAdoo and Jackson. I do not think that Fajardo, in this (BC) particular offence , would have shined. I'm not really sure that anyone can, unless the our QB is given 7 seconds of protection after the snap of the ball. But that would require a CFL rule change.
Dusty
Champion

Hambone wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:21 pm
yukonlion wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:18 pm
. Didnt feel the play calling when Kraemer went in gave him a chance...
That was all fairly predictable. One had to know Kraemer would be dealing with a very short version of the playbook. One also had to know the Riders be expecting run on 1st down and would not be holding back on the pass rush if the 1st down run left a passing situation. They'd be stunting and sending 6 or more every passing down.
I had hoped that O'Brien would play all of the game and that Kraemer would have been held back for the final game. That would have given him some added practice reps to get better used to the speed of the game. Even with a shorter playbook, he, more than O'Brien, would have benefited from the bye week. Now we may never know.

In terms of play calling, Kraemer showed some elusiveness (ahh, the speed of youth) and might have benefitted from a more versatile play calling as he could avoid the rush by rolling out. Alas, that is not something that is done here.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Dusty wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:55 pm

It's not surprising that there hare similar criticisms, given the connections between McAdoo and Jackson. I do not think that Fajardo, in this (BC) particular offence , would have shined. I'm not really sure that anyone can, unless the our QB is given 7 seconds of protection after the snap of the ball. But that would require a CFL rule change.
To be honest I'm still quite shocked that Fajardo has done as well as he has and consistently. He'd shown a few flashes in his 2 years in Toronto but mostly showed flashes of happy feet and tucking the ball to run at the first sign of pressure. In college he ran the ball himself once for every two pass attempts.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Yes with each new outing, Fajardo surprises me as well. I just didn't see this consistency coming. Evidently he's been a serious student of the game, and it shows. And when he scrambles it's generally effective. I'd love to see him continue his successful ways. I'm no Riders fan that's for sure, but with his play, plus Sol E's solid play over there too, I hope they continue to give the Stamps stiff competition over the next couple games regards first place standing in the West. (Though the Bombers are my second team, I have very slim hopes for them to get anywhere.) So, go Cody!
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:57 pm
TheLionKing wrote:
We held a secret vote. We're renouncing your Lionbacker membership in good standing for that comment.

Cool, now you can be a Lionbacker in bad standing. That's different.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:04 pm
David wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:

Would the acronym be LB-BS?
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Hambone wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:36 pm
Sir Purrcival wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:04 pm
David wrote:

Would the acronym be LB-BS?
I graduated from university with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree, so I am entitled to put BS BA behind my name. :wink:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

if LB is BS and DT is BSBA, then can I be the SPVP of OMG in BC.

Sounds very algebraic to me.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.