2019 schedule

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The CFL has released its 2019 schedule. The Lions get six Saturday home games in the regular season, two Fridays and one Thursday.

2019 CFL schedule

2019 B.C. Lions schedule

For the third straight year, the schedule is back-loaded, with five home games after Labour Day, one in June and only three in July and August.

Four of the final five games are at home, including a season-ending clash with Calgary on Nov. 2.

The Lions' bye weeks fall in Week 8 (August long weekend), Week 12 (Labour Day weekend) and Week 20, the second last week of the season.

Overall, it looks like the best schedule in decades.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

3 road games in a row? Ugh.

A short week road game (v. Wpg Thur Aug 15) coming off a road game against an Eastern opponent (v. Ham Sat Aug 10)? Brutal. Wpg will be coming off a home game with 2 extra days of rest (Thurs Aug 8) Beyond brutal.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Basically the same as last year with 1 Thu, 2 Fri and 6 Sat with 1 Sat being a 4:00 start. Like last year 4 home dates before Labour Day and 5 after. On a positive note the byes are spread out better. On a not so positive note the first part of the schedule is brutal. 7 of their 10 games vs the West come in the first 9 games of the schedule including a visit to each of their 4 divisional rivals. It will also be heavily tilted to road games with only 3 home games vs 6 road games in the first 9. Rookie HC Claybrooks has his work cut out for him coming out of the chute. They have to be much, much better on the road in 2019 than they were in 2018 and can't stumble at home or the season could be in jeopardy by Labour Day.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
CardiacKid
Legend

As an Islander with season's tickets, I am always hopeful there will be more than just 1 Saturday game with a 4:00 kick-off.

Folks from the Island will go to games and in particular, adults with kids in tow, have their eyes peeled for those 4:00 weekend games so they don't have the added expense of booking a hotel room.

If you add it to the schedule, they/us will come......
BC 1988
Legend

I see the league hasn't worked out yet where they will play Touchdown Atlantic this season--August 25th MTL at TOR but details TBA. They should go with a Nova Scotia site this time (an existing venue?) since the plan is Halifax-Dartmouth for the new franchise.
louharris74
Rookie

CardiacKid wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:17 am
As an Islander with season's tickets, I am always hopeful there will be more than just 1 Saturday game with a 4:00 kick-off.

Folks from the Island will go to games and in particular, adults with kids in tow, have their eyes peeled for those 4:00 weekend games so they don't have the added expense of booking a hotel room.

Agree with you. Would prefer to see one more game at home before Labour Day, preferably a 4 pm Saturday start time. Like last year, the 3 weeks on the road after the home opener not the best. I realize that July is out-of-town vacation time in BC but still 1 home game in over a month after the home opener is not good for keeping interest.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

CardiacKid wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:17 am

Not that I'd want to use it but aren't there now some very late sailings back to the Island? When I headed back home to the Island in mid-September I noticed a late one on the Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay run. Can't remember the exact time but thought it was after 11. Might still be too tight whatever it was.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.