Game Day Thread, Last Home Game of the Season: Leos vs. Stamps

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Riderfan67
Rookie

Go Lions Go!!
Riderfan67
Rookie

We need a big favour from the Lions , I would like to see Wally win his final game at home
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Some terrific insight here from Ed Willes on Dickenson’s final days as a Lion and not launching his coaching career here.
Lots of ex-Lions will be here tonight.
I love it here in Vancouver. I still do. But, ultimately, when I got back to Calgary and close to Montana, that was kind of where my heart was.”

As for the decision to cut him after the 2007 season, Dickenson understands that, too.

“We both looked at each other and knew it was the end of the road. No hard feelings. I would have cut myself. I was making too much and I had head issues.”

But, Saturday night, all that will be forgotten. The Lions are planning a big sendoff for Wally Legend and the guests of honour will include a number of Dickenson’s former teammates.

“I had a great group of teammates, guys I still stay in touch with,” he said. (Jason) Clermont is going to be here. I love Geroy (Simon), (Cory) Mantyka will be here, Kelly Bates, Brent Johnson. Those are my guys.”

And they all connect through the same man, the man they will honour in a night to remember.
Huge Talent
Starter

Going to the big Wally send off tonight. Big game for both teams. Calgary, it's obvious. The Lions? Well, they can win one for the gipper and have some momentum for next week, or they can lose at home in front of a big crowd at the Wally B party... What a confidence killer that would be. Make no mistake, this is a playoff game. That said, I can see some starters getting rested in the second half, so maybe not quite a playoff game lol.

I wonder how big the perm will be on those bobble heads tonight.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:43 pm
B.C.FAN wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:24 pm
Robbie wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:54 am
Will you be one of those who will wait outside of the gate several hours before it opens to be one of the first 5,000 to pick up a Wally Buono bobblehead?
That’s not needed. I plan to there before the regular gates open at 6 p.m. but there are rarely more than 100 people in line at any gate. Vancouver sports fans are known for arriving late.
My experience has been that activity around the gates at 6:00pm is significantly brisker when there is a giveaway (in this case, bobbleheads). Plus, it looks like a decent number of tickets have been pre-sold for the game (and it's Saturday, always busier early than Friday games).

DH :cool:
I was wrong. We were in line at 5:45 p.m. There were about 250 people ahead of us. By the time we got in the bobbleheads were long gone.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good start
Childress
Rookie

ANyone know the two BC scratches?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Who was covering the receiver on that play ?
aklawitter
All Star

bad timecount violation because of a personnel issue (that's preparation not execution)

ty long bails us out with a punt out of bounds at the 4

D lets the Stamps get quickly into BC territory

preparation
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

52 yard field by Paredes
aklawitter
All Star

6 point swing as Paredes gets a 50+ yarder
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Calgary interception. Pass overthrown