Riders 35 - Lions 16, Post-Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Pardon my ignorance as I've only been a part-time spectator for a lot of this season. Why is Winnipeg the Western representative in the playoffs this season? If BC wins their last game and Winnipeg loses their last game, they'll both be 10-8. I imagine it has something to do with the rest of the season but I wanted to ask here. Thanks for your help!
Real women wear orange!!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

CatsEyes wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:30 pm
Pardon my ignorance as I've only been a part-time spectator for a lot of this season. Why is Winnipeg the Western representative in the playoffs this season? If BC wins their last game and Winnipeg loses their last game, they'll both be 10-8. I imagine it has something to do with the rest of the season but I wanted to ask here. Thanks for your help!
Welcome back! The Bombers own the tiebreaker with the Lions on point differential in their two head-to-head games. (The Lions would have finished ahead of the Bombers in the event of a three-way tie with Saskatchewan or Edmonton but those options are off the table now.)
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:44 pm
CatsEyes wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:30 pm
Welcome back! The Bombers own the tiebreaker with the Lions on point differential in their two head-to-head games. (The Lions would have finished ahead of the Bombers in the event of a three-way tie with Saskatchewan or Edmonton but those options are off the table now.)
Thank you! That's kind of what I figured but wanted to be sure. Either way, it's nice to see it come down to the wire :)
Real women wear orange!!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Huge Talent wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:08 pm
Kinda torn about the game next week

-do we cheer for a win, which hands the riders the division?

-do I bother to go to a meaningless game?

-if I do go, am I celebrating Wally's career, or the fact that he's leaving?

Maybe we'll move seats down to the 20 and just drink and ogle felions lol.
It's a huge game if the Lions are serious about winning a playoff game. If they go into this week thinking it's meaningless and 'let's rest our stars' and play soft, it's curtains for any chance of going to Hamilton and thinking they can win there.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Huge Talent wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:08 pm
Kinda torn about the game next week

-do we cheer for a win, which hands the riders the division?

-do I bother to go to a meaningless game?

-if I do go, am I celebrating Wally's career, or the fact that he's leaving?

Maybe we'll move seats down to the 20 and just drink and ogle felions lol.
I'm cheering for Calgary to spite the Riders and I'll be cheering for Buono for what he has done in the early years and his leaving.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I think Calgary as well. Would you rather root for a guy like Dave Dickenson or Chris Jones? John Hufnagel or Chris Jones? Just about anybody in the world or Chris Jones?

I give Wally his due. Whatever else, you can say, he has been at the helm of some great times and you can't question his dedication or motives. If I disagree with him on some of his choices over the years, that matters not. Most of us can remember the state of things when he came here. It wasn't very good and between him and Ackles, they made this team one that long suffering BC fans could get behind. There is a time for everything to come to an end and though some of us might have thought that maybe was a bit sooner than now, it is what it is.

He has worked hard, worked honest and done good by this team over all. He deserves to be honoured for his contribution. He will be a Hall of Famer before too long and rightly so.

Kind of fitting that the game will be the two teams that he was part of the most. It will be a bit strange to think of the CFL without Buono as part of it.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
David
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:05 pm
I'm cheering for Calgary to spite the Riders and I'll be cheering for Buono for what he has done in the early years and his leaving.
Respectfully, what am I missing TLK? Your hate of the Riders supercedes your love of the Leos....when you've been cheering the team on for so many years and have posted 23K times? :dizzy:

Very confused by that statement (but you may have been joking).

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I always cheer for the Lions, even through the dry spell from 1965 to 1976 when the team didn't once have a winning record . We've been spoiled in the past 15 years.

Calgary has been spoiled for the past 10 years. I don't mind at all if the Lions make it tougher for them to get back to the Grey Cup.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Finishing first for Calgary the past 2 years hasnt served them well. Would be a win win for both teams saturday
BB
Wear orange or wear nothing