New Uniforms next year. Adidas out as Uniform supplier.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

mws
Starter

Hey, I like creamsicles and teen burgers. I just think orange as a dominant colour for a uniform is a bad choice.
dtrain
Starter

I agree that keeping orange as primary uni colour is the way to go - 9 team league, 2 other teams have black as their primary colour.
Orange we own.
Just make sure there's enough black in the combo to tone it down (unlike current roads).
Philly Flyers are great example of the colour scheme done well.
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I'd be pretty satisfied if they removed the lower back logo, put it smaller above the name plate so you still have a logo on the jersey, and then possibly add a little black trim to the roads, including on the helmet logo to help it stand out. That wouldn't take much. Black solid stripe on socks, black numbers and name plate, black trace of the helmet logo.
Now for a third, I'm just throwing this off the top of my head, but how about a reversal of the orange and black on the current homes, but with the gun metal black, a matte black helmet with the 70s logo large in orange.
Blitz
Team Captain

I've never worried too much about the Lions uniforms but the one we are using presently is one of my least favorites.

If I had a choice, it would be black helmets and black pants all the way. I would have one home black jersey with orange and white accents and either an orange jersey with black and white for away.

I'm partial to the 1964 uniforms but as long as black and orange dominate I'm good with it. No creamsicle though - I highly doubt that color even would looks good on TheLionKing. :)

I liked the '64 uniforms as my favorite but there were others I also liked. I really dislike the one's we are wearing now - both home and away.

I also liked the gun metal greyuniforms and wish they were a third jersey.

But I defer to better fashion consultants on Lionbackers in terms of detail such as logos etc. :)
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I love creamsicles Blitz but not as uniforms
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I prefer the one that Doug Flutie wore.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Blitz
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:59 pm
I love creamsicles Blitz but not as uniforms
:) :)

I'll go with whatever color matches Wally' hair color best!! :)

Oh, oh.....that might turn out to be gun metal grey with white trim...:)
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
David
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:58 am
I liked the '64 uniforms as my favorite...

These were before my time, but I know good taste when I see it. These are just classy and timeless. :thup:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:21 pm
Blitz wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:58 am
I liked the '64 uniforms as my favorite...

These were before my time, but I know good taste when I see it. These are just classy and timeless. :thup:

:thup: :thup: :thup:
mws
Starter

👍🏼
Dusty
Champion

I'll admit to being very partial to the mountain lion logo (as per David's name pic) and am constantly being disappointed that t-shirts are not available with that logo. Some day perhaps.....
David
Team Captain

Dusty wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:51 am
I'll admit to being very partial to the mountain lion logo (as per David's name pic) and am constantly being disappointed that t-shirts are not available with that logo. Some day perhaps.....
Actually, Adidas put out a nice mountain lion T-shirt last year. It was my basically avatar, a large orange mountain lion astride a football on a grey T. I think it was selling for around $30 at the stadium.

I see quite a few people at games wearing this original logo.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
Dusty
Champion

David wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:07 am
Dusty wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:51 am
Actually, Adidas put out a nice mountain lion T-shirt last year. It was my basically avatar, a large orange mountain lion astride a football on a grey T. I think it waselling for around $30 at the stadium.

I see quite a few people at games wearing this original logo.

I'll have to follow up on that T. Now that the gift card is in my account, it might be a purchase, even though I have to go to Surrey to use it and my 15% discount... Thx.
dtrain
Starter

I would LOVE to see this uniform, (dark version) especially the helmet, as an alternate for a few seasons.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

dtrain wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:53 am
I would LOVE to see this uniform, (dark version) especially the helmet, as an alternate for a few seasons.
I don't think much of the all-black on the left. Not dissimilar to Calgary's threads last night. The red pants with the red jersey was abhorrent. First thing I thought of was the NFL's Thursday Night Football colour scheme last year that they mercifully discontinued this year.

While those of us who are in the older demographic aks geezers have much fondness towards nostalgic looks I think they are best served for one-off games or 3rd jerseys. For the Lions and the CFL it's essential that designs suit the tastebuds of younger generations who have no association to the 60s or 70s other than through the eyes of their parents or grandparents. While some of us reminisce whimsically about the jerseys of Fleming, Nettles or Tagge what should be the target market in 2018 would look back at the jerseys of Flutie or Damon Allen as the nostalgic look for them.......and that's if they are already in their mid-30s.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.