Games of Week 2, June 21 to June 23, 2018

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Riders respond with a touchdown 7-6
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Interception return by Jonathon Rose and 2 point conversion has restored the Ottawa lead 14-7
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Duron Carter interception return ties the game 14-14
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

22-14 Redblacks on a touchdown by Powell. Turning into a shootout
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Brandon Bridge in the game replacing Collaros who is being evaluated for a concussion
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Redblacks increase their lead to 33-14 in the 3rd quarter. Kevin Glenn in as quarterback for the Riders
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Spencer behind Carter. TD.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Riders' touchdown by William Powell 40-17
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

What will be the reaction over at Riderfans.com tonight?

1. Fire Chris Jones
2. Bench Brandon Bridge
3. Cut Duron Carter
4. Blame Henry Burris
5. Plan the Grey Cup parade route
6. All of the above
CardiacKid
Legend

CardiacKid wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:18 pm
David wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:17 pm
Saskatchewan @ Ottawa - Saskatchewan
Calgary @ Toronto - Calgary
Hamilton @ Edmonton - Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Montreal - Montreal (the upset of the week)

DH :cool:
I like all of those except I pick the RedBlacks to beat the StubbleJumpers. The extra bye week helps the RBs to prepare but also their newly retooled, aggressive defence will have more success against a poorly regarded RR offensive line than the RRs against Ottawa’s line.
I pick LaBatte to go down with an injury, thereby totally throwing a monkey wrench into the ratio and expose their terrible National depth. Hughes goes down with an ankle injury and is placed on the 6-game IR, leaving Jefferson isolated on the DLine. Lastly I think Spencer will have a good game against Carter and expose his complete rawness at corner.
I gots me a feelin’....
I should pony up money next time I have a feeling about a game....only I picked the wrong guys to suffer injury.

I think the Riders were solid against the Argos but Ricky Ray was truly rusty, not having played a snap during pre-season. That flattered to deceive and the Riders are not the team I think some made them out to be. Glad to see Carter beat for 2 touchdowns.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Chris Jones deserves most of the blame for misusing his defensive talent. He has two of the best pass rushers in the league and he rushes only three men on most pass plays, allowing Ottawa to easily protect Trevor Harris with five linemen and a running back. Jones didn’t try to bring pressure until late in the game, but his blitzes were all easy to read and Harris confidently put the ball in the hands of his receivers. The Riders didn’t have a sack, and Harris passed for 345 yards.
BC 1988
Legend

Belize City Lion wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:18 pm

1. Fire Chris Jones
2. Bench Brandon Bridge
3. Cut Duron Carter
4. Blame Henry Burris
6. All of the above
:rotf: pretty much sums up the circus over there. There are a few "it's all over" posts (as expected). I'm pvring the game. How bad did the Collaros hit look?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Riders could be in a heap of trouble if Collaros is out for any length of time.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

BC 1988 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:35 pm
Belize City Lion wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:18 pm

1. Fire Chris Jones
2. Bench Brandon Bridge
3. Cut Duron Carter
4. Blame Henry Burris
6. All of the above
:rotf: pretty much sums up the circus over there. There are a few "it's all over" posts (as expected). I'm pvring the game. How bad did the Collaros hit look?

TSN showed several replays and they were not sure which hit caused the concussion. There was one hit where Collaros' chin was pushed back (should have been a penalty due to contact with QBs head) but it didn't really look violent.

There are heads exploding over at Riderfans but the funniest are the posters who are saying how after a loss the radio Call-In Post Game Show with all the people gone crazy calls is entertaining. Meanwhile, I am thinking, Dude look in the mirror, your GD Thread is 50+ pages and very, very, entertaining.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I must admit, it is kind of nice to have the change where we aren't having (yet) to bemoan our own teams woes. They always were a bit histrionic 2 provinces over and it seems right now that Jones who has had 3 off seasons now may be losing the fan faith (although a loss can do that). Of particular concern are things like the Oline being weak. There is a whole thread devoted to Sam Hurl at MLB being a complete waste, a thread about Collaro's arm strength or lack therein.

Personally, I think there may be some reason to be concerned about Collaros. He hasn't really played terrific in about year. He has suffered some pretty tough injuries and again tonight he had to come out. If this was supposed to be the QB that you place your faith in, I don't know that it is a good bet. I suspect that behind the weak Oline, he is going to have a truncated season and if Bridge displayed his talents tonight, it is going to be a long Rider season. Of course we may be keeping them company. The season is still young.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.