2017 All Things Lions Marketing & Promotions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BC 1988
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:27 pm
I just got an email from the Lions saying the first 5,000 fans on Friday get a free Jonathon Jennings bobblehead. Not the best timing, given the way Jennings played tonight, but it will likely be a popular promotion.
It looked like JJ10's bobblehead was playing qb last night. :dizzy:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

A few more hits and JJ is going to resemble the bobble head when he walks.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Maybe his bobblehead night might give Jennings an extra incentive to play his best.
David
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:27 pm
I just got an email from the Lions saying the first 5,000 fans on Friday get a free Jonathon Jennings bobblehead.
They'd be better off making it the last 5,000 fans to keep people from leaving early. :wink:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:12 pm
Maybe his bobblehead night might give Jennings an extra incentive to play his best.
I'm worried if I get to the stadium and they try to hand me a Jennings bobblehead Ed Gainey will jump out and snatch it away.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Excuse if this thread isn't the purrfect place to put this, but in some ways it is the absolutely right place IMO -- regards "marketing & promotions" but on an altogether different (higher) plain. I couldn't be more proud of our team, our league, and our new commissioner. Brilliant and enlightened! Good on Mr. Ambrosie. Indeed, we need to celebrate diversity. My utmost support for this kind of messaging.
https://www.bclions.com/2017/08/17/ambr ... rnational/
J5V
Rookie

Looking at Ticketmaster and it looks like tomorrow night's crowd versus the Stampeders might be the smallest of the season so far.

Mostly games against eastern opponents for the remainder of the year. Those teams aren't typically good draws.
CardiacKid
Legend

J5V wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:16 pm
Looking at Ticketmaster and it looks like tomorrow night's crowd versus the Stampeders might be the smallest of the season so far.

Mostly games against eastern opponents for the remainder of the year. Those teams aren't typically good draws.
I hate to say this but after how the team played last week, I am highly under-motivated to leave the island for the Stamps game. It isn't the fear of a loss but the fear of being frustrated and disappointed in how the team acquits itself.
O ye of little faith....
David
Team Captain

J5V wrote:
Wow, that's just sad. I hate to see what things are going to look like when Hamilton and Montreal come to town. You'd think Wall Of Fame inductees, the last $5 game for kids, and bobblehead night would provide some kind of lift, but it just goes to show you just how truly toxic losing blowout games can be. So much for being able to feed off crowd energy. :roll:

I appreciate that they're providing a giveaway, but I really think it's time to get a bit more creative than bobbleheads. I think people have pretty much had their fill of them.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
SammyGreene
Team Captain

J5V wrote:

When I checked the Ticketmaster map yesterday I was shocked to see so many unsold seats, especially the visitors side. Sections 12 and 16 (25-30 yard-line) are basically 80 percent unsold. Those are of course $90 seats that are screaming for a price adjustment.
Get ready for the snide remarks on social media because the optics on TV tonight will be ugly for what is considered a "big game."

Yep, that was a stinker last Sunday but no way should it translate into 16,000-17,000 or whatever the crowd is tonight. The Stamps have always been the worse draw of the Westerns teams coming here. Not exactly sure why given how good they have been for so long but easily have the fewest number of their own fans in the stands here. A late 7:30 start for the last $5 kids game of the season probably isn't helping either.

This is what happens when your season ticket base dips below 10,000 and the hill becomes pretty steep to climb to get a decent crowd for any game.

You're right J5V, just one "good draw" left on the schedule and that's the Eskimos here in October. Lions have their work cut out for them with a steady diet of Eastern teams in the fall.
dawg3648
Rookie

21,000 - 22,000 expected. 18,000 sold as of Wed night per Rick Dhaliwal. Agreed lots of $82 seats remain but $42 dollar seats in all corners almost all gone.
David
Team Captain

Weather in our favour today. Decent, but not too sunny or hot. Not a beach day today.

Disadvantage is the Seahawks playing their preseason home opener tonight. Expect local football fans to want to tune in to part of that (or attend in person).

Roar, You Lions, Roar
BC 1988
Legend

David wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:08 am
Weather in our favour today. Decent, but not too sunny or hot. Not a beach day today.

Disadvantage is the Seahawks playing their preseason home opener tonight. Expect local football fans to want to tune in to part of that (or attend in person).

ROOF WILL BE ____?_ __ 😎
is still on the game day page. It's ridiculous how a tiny chance of a few raindrops causes this. (Like the WPG game when they kept that graphic on the page all day and ultimately left it closed.)
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

I know it's not really a laughing matter at all, but LOL, I just noticed your red-type 'footer', David. Hope it's effective, even if just an exasperated in-house joke. But perhaps Mr. B. reads Lionbackers, heh heh (Fat chance of that!) Still, it's a strange world and stranger things have happened and continue to happen every day. Ya never know. As Joe Strummer of The Clash said, "the future is unwritten". There's adventures ahead this off-season! Meanwhile, may our Leos write a bit of unexpected history tonight vs. the Stamps.
David
Team Captain

Call it an exasperated plea, Ernie. I am growing frustrated at this point that nothing seems imminent and no one outside of a few Lionbackers and members of the local media seems to realize the peril the club is facing from maintaining the "status quo."

I want to thank Mr. Braley for his dedicated 20 year stewardship, but the longer this drags on, the fewer (not more) choices will be in the running to purchase this team. And if he cared about this club and league as much as he claims, he'd put aside the "quarter in a parking meter" difference to his personal finances and get a deal done - in the best interest of all stakeholders.

Roar, You Lions, Roar