Bombers @ Lions, Blog, Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

MexicoLionFan
Legend

DanoT wrote:Since the Lions won't fire McMann, I think the only hope for ST is if ST captain, Jason Araki, takes a more prominent role and becomes a sort of player/coach.

Overall it is really hard to believe the level of incompetence of the coaching staff led by Tedford who has been MIA all season. Tedford could redeem himself in my books if at the end of the season he gives Wally an ultimatum: Either Wally retires or Tedford quits because as everyone has said, Wally's finger prints are all over this coaching mess.

Honestly, I think you are right. Short of Tedford essentially taking charge of this unit again, then the players really need to step it up. They must be able to see the talent on both sides of the ball and realize that they have a chance in the playoffs...this should inspire them to wake up and play intense football the rest of the way.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
MexicoLionFan
Legend

DanoT wrote:Since the Lions won't fire McMann, I think the only hope for ST is if ST captain, Jason Araki, takes a more prominent role and becomes a sort of player/coach.

Overall it is really hard to believe the level of incompetence of the coaching staff led by Tedford who has been MIA all season. Tedford could redeem himself in my books if at the end of the season he gives Wally an ultimatum: Either Wally retires or Tedford quits because as everyone has said, Wally's finger prints are all over this coaching mess.
The B.C. Lions’ special-teams unit is making the time this week for focused sessions even before coach Jeff Tedford gathers the entire roster and takes daily rollcall.

And that shouldn’t be surprising coming off Saturday’s home loss to Winnipeg in which they were bitten by blocks and fooled by fakes en route to a last-second 29-26 loss.

“We’re meeting a little bit extra as players, so that we can go over our stuff to raise any questions anyone might have before we actually get into the meetings,” said Lions special-teams captain Jason Arakgi on Tuesday, as a desperate 5-9 team began preparations for Saturday’s crucial road test versus Edmonton.

“The one thing we’re not going to do is assume,” continued Arakgi, now in his eighth season with the club. “That has been an Achilles heel for us, assuming that everyone knows their responsibility and their job. We’re going to make sure that assumption is gone.”

Dano, I just saw this in Blitz's post on the Special Teams...your thoughts were bang on...

Albert Einstein
chwk_lionsfan
Rookie

TheLionKing wrote:Some of the posters can do a better job than the so called "professional coaches"
I'm pretty sure all of BC Place saw those fake punts coming a mile away. I know I did.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

chwk_lionsfan wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Some of the posters can do a better job than the so called "professional coaches"
I'm pretty sure all of BC Place saw those fake punts coming a mile away. I know I did.
Speaking to Eric Fraser's dad, apparently Eric told him that he saw that the fake was on and told (or expressed the opinion, anyway) that they ought to leave the defence in but that went unheard or unheeded at least. He says that's on Tedford.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Lions4ever wrote:
chwk_lionsfan wrote:
Speaking to Eric Fraser's dad, apparently Eric told him that he saw that the fake was on and told (or expressed the opinion, anyway) that they ought to leave the defence in but that went unheard or unheeded at least. He says that's on Tedford.

Which is what I said...Tedford had to take charge in that situation and leave the D on the field...certainly the ST was NOT PREPARED, but they shouldn't have been on the field, especially considering what they had already blundered throughout the game!

Albert Einstein