BC Lions Season Carder?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

The guy I go to Lions games with is also a Whitecaps Season Ticket Holder. He got his 'season ticket' today. Apparently it is like a credit card and he'll get it swiped (no, not 'swiped') each game.

I don't really care if the Lions choose to do the same thing (especially if its a cool picture on the front). But I know many people split up their season tickets and would prefer paper versions for each game so they can just give the paper ticket to whomever they have chosen to take their place. Will be curious to see if the Lions follow the Whitecaps in this new 'ticket' format.......
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I'm in favour of the credit card version. Much easier to store in a wallet.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

My personal Lions tickets get shared around, sometimes at the last minute and sometimes sold to scalpers if no one wants to accompany me. Corporate tickets get spread around even more. It just wouldn't work.
274always
All Star

Definitely a new trend to stay away from paper. The Grey Cup and NCAA Final Four tix are hard plastic.
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Should be possible to provide an option of Paper or Plastic. Makes a lot of sense really, better for the environment, generally more convenient (to most).
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

It was an option during the 2007 or 2008 season and we did it. It was great in that you just kept it in your wallet and never worried about remembering your ticket for each game. You could log onto your account to print individual tickets if you wanted to pass them on to someone else. Obviously it wasn’t well received by season ticket holders as it was scrapped the following year even though it would save the Lions a ton in printing costs with those high end glossy ticket books.
The_Pauser
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:I'm in favour of the credit card version. Much easier to store in a wallet.
This could also be a way to make it harder for scalpers to buy up the good seats and sell them for a higher profit, unless they allow those scalpers to print out paper tickets from their account.
Roar you Lions roar!
dtrain
Starter

I liked having the plastic card - money saved on printing tickets could be put back into printing a wall calendar - I miss having that.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

dtrain wrote:I liked having the plastic card - money saved on printing tickets could be put back into printing a wall calendar - I miss having that.
I agree on both counts. The concept of the card sounds great. Printing a wall calendar would be great too. I was stunned when I got my first copy, I didn't know I was going to get one. Now they seem to have gone the way of the dodo......

Really cool photos and seeing when all the players birthdays are.....