Six games into the 2012 season, Term 1 Reports

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Travis - The Strengths
* smart
* great leadership skills
* has the confidence of his teammates /a real pro with the media
* calm under pressure
* getting better at reading defenses (can improve in this area)
* excellent mobility

Travis - The Weaknesses
* short, intermediate passing is good - decent arm strength. But not a great long ball thrower (both accuracy and quality of spiral at issue)
* tends to 'lock in' on the primary receiver. Fortunately, he's accurate most of the time, but often overlooks receivers that are "more open"
* getting better at sensing when the pocket is breaking down and stepping up into it, but has a tendency to roll-out to his right before throwing
* improving at "throwing the ball away" but on occasion puts one "up for grabs" (i.e. the Edmonton game this year)

Last year I'd give him an A- (justs like the Leos' season. started a bit shaky but got hot as the season wore on. By the end was " en fuego," too borrow a Moj-ism)
This year I'd give him a B so far (has run hot (Stamps, consecutive TD string) and cool (Argos, Esks)

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

It is tough living up to last season's MOP status especially when Lulay probably shouldn't have won the award. As Geroy Simon said, Jamel Richardson should have been the MOP (with 1700+ receiving yards and several hundred yards ahead of Geroy who was #2), but Richardson wasn't even nominated.

Lulay has less than 2 seasons as a starter and as such there are 6 other QBs who are more experienced. There is a tremendous up side here with a guy whose speed and roll out ability make him a natural for the CFL. Any concerns about deep ball accuracy that I have are tempered by the fact that with the large CFL field there is room to throw the ball up and let the receiver run under it.
David
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:It is tough living up to last season's MOP status especially when Lulay probably shouldn't have won the award. As Geroy Simon said, Jamel Richardson should have been the MOP (with 1700+ receiving yards and several hundred yards ahead of Geroy who was #2), but Richardson wasn't even nominated.
lol, I guess it's tough living up to an MOP losing season then too. Jamel Richardson is having an absolutely horrible year so far.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I think a lot of players and teams have trouble stringing successive great seasons together because the success garners greater attention and opposition game planning. One of the great things about Geroy's career has been his ability to string together so many 1000+ yard seasons; yet now with so many talented team mates to share the ball with, that may slow down his production more than the opposition.
joe kapp22
Legend

Thing with Travis is he is yr #2 as a full time, all season starter, defenses will have adjusted to his game.

To me, he's been doing fine leading the offense but could be sharper.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.