Game Day Thread, August 6, 2012 Lions @ Argos

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

2:00 o'clock start

Two excellent offences

Two excellent defences

Two excellent QBs, Travis Lulay and Ricky Ray

Two excellent running backs, Andrew Harris and Cory Boyd

Two new coaches, off to good starts

One excellent owner, Braley Bowl East

Should be an outstanding game

Braley Bowl West September 15
JohnHenry
Champion

The Argos may be a good team but the Lions are a great team. I doubt the Argos OL will give Ray the same kind of protection that Lulay will get and that should be the difference. Owens is scary on returns but I expect LJ Shell and others to have a big game in coverage. Lions 34-20 :thup:
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

I'm just glad that Rod Black is in London. He sucks at diving, gymnastics and weightlifting too.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Lions by 20.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:I'm just glad that Rod Black is in London. He sucks at diving, gymnastics and weightlifting too.
Isn't R.B. excellent at covering diving, gymnastics, and weightlifting (and skating in winter)? As in, this should be his full time gig. :pray:

I hope Matt Devlin is doing the play by play as he has been excellent. I also like Gord Miller's P by P that he occasionally does as he brings a lot of enthusiasm and energy, but he is in London too.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I gotta miss the first quarter due to work...... :dizzy: Its okay the replay is on tonight 9 PM on TSN2

I think it will be a good, close game until later in the game (3rd/4th quarterish). Then the Lions build a lead finishing by 15.....
David
Team Captain

It's official according to LU: Love in, McKenzie out (actually Yurichuk/Arakgi in, I suppose):
the Lions indeed have a significant roster change for Monday’s game. The addition of rookie Glenn Love means the Lions will indeed be without Anton McKenzie, whose thigh contusion is improving but not to the point where a three-week rest for their defensive signal-caller was too tempting to ignore.

Anton McKenzie is our unsung hero; I don't think he gets quite the recognition he deserves. He's just a really smart player.

Just a reminder as well, a "Live Chat" with the Province's Lowell Ullrich begins at 11:00am: http://live.theprovince.com/Event/BC_Li ... _Ullrich_2

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
South Pender
Legend

David wrote:It's official according to LU: Love in, McKenzie out (actually Yurichuk/Gesse in, I suppose):
the Lions indeed have a significant roster change for Monday’s game. The addition of rookie Glenn Love means the Lions will indeed be without Anton McKenzie, whose thigh contusion is improving but not to the point where a three-week rest for their defensive signal-caller was too tempting to ignore.
Anton McKenzie is our unsung hero; I don't think he gets quite the recognition he deserves. He's just a really smart player.

Just a reminder as well, a "Live Chat" with the Province's Lowell Ullrich begins at 11:00am:

http://live.theprovince.com/Event/BC_Li ... _Ullrich_2

Does Glenn Love's presence necessarily mean that Anton McKenzie won't play?
MikeAK
All Star

Game days are the best. Looking forward to seeing if the Lion's can continue what they started in CGY.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

South Pender wrote:
David wrote:It's official according to LU: Love in, McKenzie out (actually Yurichuk/Gesse in, I suppose):

Just a reminder as well, a "Live Chat" with the Province's Lowell Ullrich begins at 11:00am:

http://live.theprovince.com/Event/BC_Li ... _Ullrich_2

Does Glenn Love's presence necessarily mean that Anton McKenzie won't play?
Pretty sure it means McKenzie won't dress. ie he remains on the 46 man roster but not the game day 42 man roster.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

David wrote: Anton McKenzie is our unsung hero; I don't think he gets quite the recognition he deserves. He's just a really smart player.
:thup:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Let's hope the Lions truly make this a BC weekend
Spud387
Champion

Game will start on TSN2 due to Extra Time in the CAN-USA soccer match
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Another sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow video review. :thdn:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Touchdown !!