BC Lions vs. Seattle Seahawks

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Centrum22
Starter

The Vancouver Sun is conducting an unscientific poll regarding which team Vancouverites follow first.

Take the poll for fun here: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/foot ... story.html

This poll is a part of the larger story that the Seahawks are coming to Vancouver for the next three days, during which they will be holding a golf tournament, a pub night, a free football and cheerleading clinic, etc., in an effort to further promote their fanbase in the Lower Mainland. The Felions will be attending the cheerleading clinic along with the Sea Gals.

See the story here: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Seat ... story.html
Last edited by Centrum22 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Dumb idea. The Seahawks are probably not even the choice of the majority of ardent NFL fans in B.C.
Zarquon
Champion

Should be an overwhelming response for the Lions then :-)
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

i voted. Currently 82.32 for the Lions. C'mon Lionbackers. Get yer vote in!
chainsawman34
prospect

Seahawks can not even keep a majority of fans here in wa,If you ever been to a seahawks/Raiders game in Seattle you would think you were in oakland.I live a hour south of Seattle and have already made plans for at least two lions games and i have never set foot in Quest feild.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Back in the KingDome days I went to a couple of games down there. Underwhelming experience. And they have pretty much sucked since, except for the Mike Holmgren days.

This is B.C. Lions territory. The SeaHawks can go to H***.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

B.C.FAN wrote:Dumb idea. The Seahawks are probably not even the choice of the majority of ardent NFL fans in B.C.
Agreed.
With only one Super Bowl appearance and mostly under achieving seasons, the Seahawks are not likely to be an NFL fan favourite in B.C.
Centrum22
Starter

How is it ever a dumb idea to reach out, promote your product and expand your fanbase?
Last edited by Centrum22 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Waiting for Robbie's poll on the Felions vs SeaGals
Big Time
Champion

I have no problem with the Seahawks coming here. I see no reason why the Lions and Seahawks can't form a partnership and work together to promote football. There is nothing about being a Lions fan that prevents me from also being a Seahawks fan. The NFL is a different game and I don't share Skulsky's view that the Seahawks couldn't play an exhibition game here in Vancouver. I think it would be great for those who want to see it. I wouldn't go, but if others want to, I don't see how it hurts the Lions brand.

FWIW, I went to a Seahawks game a few years ago and it was by far the worst sporting experience I have ever attended. It seemed as though the majority of fans were drunk, they stood up for nearly the entire game, they were rude and obnoxious, and the traffic to and from the stadium was horrific. I won't ever go to a game down there again, regardless of how good their team is.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

chainsawman34 wrote:Seahawks can not even keep a majority of fans here in wa,If you ever been to a seahawks/Raiders game in Seattle you would think you were in oakland.I live a hour south of Seattle and have already made plans for at least two lions games and i have never set foot in Quest feild.
Seahawks and Raiders are my two favourite NFL teams (both for non-football reasons). Seahawks because they are the closest and Raiders cuz of that rebel non-conformist attitude that ran from the Owners box to the Players bench during the Al Davis tenure. If I went to a Raiders/Hawks games I'd pull for the Seahawks. Guess sometimes I am guilty of being an homer :cool:
Big Time wrote:...
FWIW, I went to a Seahawks game a few years ago and it was by far the worst sporting experience I have ever attended. It seemed as though the majority of fans were drunk, they stood up for nearly the entire game, they were rude and obnoxious, and the traffic to and from the stadium was horrific. I won't ever go to a game down there again, regardless of how good their team is.
I went to see the Titans on the last game of the season a few years ago. I had a good time. Qwest Field has running stats boards that update immediately on passing yards, completions, rushing yards, turnovers and three and outs etc.... It certainly was nice to take in a game in the outdoors but I was puzzled by fact everyone STANDS throughout the entire game. The banter between Titan/Seahawk fans was a bit rude but whatever floats your boat. I'd go back but only once the CFL season is over........
ziggy
Legend

Wonder if the Seattle newspapers run a similar poll for their readers :wink: ? Good, free, local advertising for the SeaHawks I guess. Go Lions, Go Pack!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Centrum22 wrote:How is it ever a dumb idea to reach out, promote your product and expand your fanbase?
I meant that the popularity poll is a dumb idea. It's not even close. Admittedly, it's good business for the Seahawks to try to build a market in Vancouver. It's an uphill fight, though.
BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

Too bad CFL and NFL teams can't play each other. Play two games, one by CFL rules and one by NFL rules. I know that has happened before in the past.
Founder of the Bama BC Fan Club :towel:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Yes they used to play exhibition games and at one time the CFL paid better as Theismann was saying.

I think the CFL should focus on constantly bringing these greats back like Doug Flutie, Warren Moon, Joe T as these guys were here long enough to speak sincerely and well about the game.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy