HELP - anyone know where to get the game in Vegas?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Odie
Rookie

Hey all,

Just throwing this out there.... I am in Vegas for the week at a conference and am therefore missing the Lions home opener back home. Anyone know where I can either watch the game or a site I can stream it from via the internet????

I have asked at a couple sports bars, but no one even seems to know what TSN is, let alone where I might be able to watch it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Rammer
Team Captain

Odie wrote:Hey all,

Just throwing this out there.... I am in Vegas for the week at a conference and am therefore missing the Lions home opener back home. Anyone know where I can either watch the game or a site I can stream it from via the internet????

I have asked at a couple sports bars, but no one even seems to know what TSN is, let alone where I might be able to watch it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
As IR, there isn't much coverage of the CFL in the USA this season. So one avenue is to find Justintv.com's CFL coverage if you can. Just try the earlier game at 4PM PST to see if you can get hooked up... go live tv and then sports and you should find the game. Good luck.

Another option is to try espn3.com, some are suggesting that espn3 will be carrying all the games live.
Entertainment value = an all time low
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

ESPN3 will carry thel game live on the Internet. You can ask at a sports bar or sports book, some of which have dozens of TVs, but don't get your hopes up. I usually stay in my room and watch it on my laptop.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

BC Fan is right. According to the CFL website at the moment it's espn3.com or nothing (officially, anyway). Hopefully you packed a laptop or tablet with you. The next issue is whether the ISP at your hotel is one which is on espn3's list (you can check that on espn3.com). The next problem in Vegas is paying for internet service. There are precious few free wi-fi zones in LV. If your hotel charged you a resort fee, that should include internet. If you're staying at a CET property (one that is part of the Caesar's family) or a place that didn't charge you the resort fee, you're probably going to have to fork over in the range of 15 bucks for the service.

Good luck!
BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

Yeah, espn3.com is your only bet. Take it from a Leo down in Alabama, I watch every game via espn3. I run the app on my Xbox so I can watch it on my LCD.
Founder of the Bama BC Fan Club :towel:
Odie
Rookie

Thanks, everyone!

I managed to stream the game via ESPN 3 and all worked according to plan - got to see Geroy set a record and the Leos record their first win of the season so all is right with the world!

Many thanks!