Letter from a Browns fan

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

[video][/video]
:clown:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

:wink: :wink:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

LOL

Long suffering Browns fans.

Hey, the guy has a rebuilding bank account, but it is nice to see his cat is well fed and looked after, and has the run of the apartment. :thup:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I thought this one was from a different guy, but it's the same one-always makes me giggle :)

[video][/video]
Real women wear orange!!
D
Team Captain

:rotf:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I can totally relate to that fan. It was painful having to fork over good money to buy premium seats during the lean years only to watch the Lions lose one after another.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

As a transplant who has lived among this fanbase for the last decade, I continue to be amazed at how they put up with this crappy of a product for this long.

The ticket situation he described is more or less true. The Stubhub availability of late season tickets rivals that of NBA games. There's always secondary market seats available, usually below cost. I speak as an occasional beneficiary of this.

Compounding matters, not only does he have to pay for season tickets, but he has to pay a Personal Seat License for the privilege of buying season tickets for that product as well. My brother in law goes through the same thing year after year.

The club's ticket policies are humorous. I do go to at least one game per year (typically I have a friend or my spouse who roots for a visiting team), so I humored myself and e-mailed the Browns to see if they would sell me a half season package of Club Seats (inclusive of a preseason game). They refused. In the subsequent three seasons, I get e-mails and phone calls in the second half of each season begging me to buy single game club seats because they can't sell them. (Even though every game, technically "sells out".)
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Art Modell fired Paul Brown. Could be considered a mistake, although Brown's next team, the Bengals, have not done much (aside from the Super Bowl loss, under coach Sam Wyche, to the 49ers).

Then Modell tried to take the Browns franchise lock stock and barrel to Baltimore. That sort of worked, without the name, records, memorabilia, logos, et cetera.

It has been a curious ride for the Browns since the original coach, Paul Brown left. He had a pretty amazing record. Jim Brown certainly added a lot to that franchise.

They had some close calls, good years, under quarterback Bernie Kosar.

They have some amazingly loyal fans. They deserve better than what they have had for a long time now.