What is wrong with this photo?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

prairielion
Starter

I believe the guy with the red beard is Tim Cronk, is it not?
Still in Riderville, hating the Riders!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Dennis Skulsky is acting on orders from the league to keep Kelly Bates from holding the Grey Cup :wink:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Thanks for the extra pics Robbie. Yup, lots of variety there!
You're welcome, David.
David wrote:And the guy with the red beard and glasses is Tim Cronk.
prairielion wrote:I believe the guy with the red beard is Tim Cronk, is it not?
Yes, that's him. He wasn't in uniform since he was on the practice roster. And I presented this question before - are players who are in the practice roster get championship rings and have their name etched on to the trophy?

-------------

Since we're talking about group pictures, here's a problem I have. In 2006, there was no official Lions team picture commemorating the Grey Cup championship in the form of a poster, unlike 1994 and 2000. And somehow I don't think there will be such an official poster for the 2011 GC team either.

-------------

We've talked about the 1994 Lions Grey Cup poster before with the problem being that there are a few people who are superimposed since they couldn't be there on picture day. But since David mentioned the issue of who is holding the trophy, then is there a problem with the placement in this team picture. The two closest people with the trophy is GM Eric Tillman and Owner Bill Comrie. And it looks like Bill Comrie has both of his hands on the cup. In the NFL, the Vince Lombardi trophy is usually presented to the team owner whereas in the CFL the Grey Cup is presented to a player. In the poster should it be a player who is touching the cup instead?

-------------

After the 2000 Lions Grey Cup win, there was no poster but at least there was a full team picture attached. To make everyone happy now, it's a player, retiring Lui Passaglia who is holding the cup. Just like the picture David posted, there are lots of people in the attached picture I don't know. In the front row towards to the right, I recognize Joe Paopao and Adam Rita. But I cannot recognize many other non-uniformed people. For example, who is the man right in the middle of the front row wearing a jacket with orange sleaves? And who is the lady three positions right from that man?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
prairielion
Starter

I think the person in the front row was Kani Kauahi, and he was some offensive assistant coach.
Still in Riderville, hating the Riders!
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:somehow I don't think there will be such an official poster for the 2011 GC team either.
They gave one out at the celebration Wednesday night.
Last edited by sj-roc on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Robbie wrote:
We've talked about the 1994 Lions Grey Cup poster before with the problem being that there are a few people who are superimposed since they couldn't be there on picture day. But since David mentioned the issue of who is holding the trophy, then is there a problem with the placement in this team picture. The two closest people with the trophy is GM Eric Tillman and Owner Bill Comrie. And it looks like Bill Comrie has both of his hands on the cup. In the NFL, the Vince Lombardi trophy is usually presented to the team owner whereas in the CFL the Grey Cup is presented to a player. In the poster should it be a player who is touching the cup instead?

That poster is a traditional football or hockey team photo. Middle of the front row almost always has owners and/or GM flanked by coaching staff. Key team captains, and in the case of hockey the goalies, usually complete the front row. With football the D and O linemen usually wind up in the back row and training and equipment staff wind up on the outside ends of the rows. Cup or no cup you won't find many football team photos looking much different than that 1994 poster.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Passaglia
All Star

I think you're overreacting. None of you were at the podium so you don't know what went down.. How do you know someone didn't simply say "Hey prez, get in the middle?"
dtrain
Starter

What is wrong with the photo is that the all-time winningest CFL coach, coaching his final game, a League Championship win, is not even in the picture!
He should be exactly where Skulsky is - front & centre, holding the trophy.
kristinazzz
prospect

I'm curious who is this?(circled in red) I saw it on Global and took a picture. That's not our coach is it?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Not any coaches I know
kristinazzz
prospect

Didn't think so either but I found it weird especially since they said last night on the news how it was Wally's idea for the team photo