new uniforms in 2012?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sasklionsfan
Rookie

Those weren't their third jerseys. The third jerseys don't have white underneath the names on the back. Also I've never seen them wear white helmets with an orange paw print with their third. It was either paired with a white helmet with black pawprint, orange helmet with black paw print, black helmet with white paw print, or black helmet with the orange pawprint, also they wore the 60s retro helmet with their third jerseys. I'd like them to create a fusion of something old and new for the main jerseys and maybe have the orange with black lettered retro jerseys as the third jersey imo. Either way it looks like I'll be getting a new jersey next year anyways :P
DYLAN
Rookie

Those weren't their third jerseys. The third jerseys don't have white underneath the names on the back. Also I've never seen them wear white helmets with an orange paw print with their third. It was either paired with a white helmet with black pawprint, orange helmet with black paw print, black helmet with white paw print, or black helmet with the orange pawprint, also they wore the 60s retro helmet with their third jerseys. I'd like them to create a fusion of something old and new for the main jerseys and maybe have the orange with black lettered retro jerseys as the third jersey imo. Either way it looks like I'll be getting a new jersey next year anyways :P
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/story ... argos.html

black third jerseys, white helmet, orange paw
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Thanks for the clarification Dylan. Those are indeed the Black 3rds. For some reason I was thinking the 2010 70s retro and I know we only saw orange since the move back to BC Place. Wonder what game worn jereys will be for sale tomorrow? Very likely all the away Whites if they are changing it up next season anyways.
The players were wearing the home orange at the Canucks ceremony last night and they had cleaned out their lockers on Monday. Perhaps they were allowed to keep them as a memento of the season?
mws
Starter

David wrote:If the Lions could wear any combo of these three uniforms for home, away, and 3rds - and keep them this way - I could die a happy man.

DH :cool:
:beauty: Agreed! Never did go for the A&W/Creamsicle look.
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I'd like to see just minor changes. The team and fans have really taken hold of the colour orange. For example, if you watch old 80's games when the team was huge, even then you don't see any orange in the crowd like you do now. So i say keep orange as the primary for sure. I also agree with having black and orange stripes on the helmets. Never liked them as much without the stripe. Orange cage as well. Then I would just get rid of the black piping the top of the jersey. No need for that. If the jersey design has that built in, just have it orange instead of black. I don't want to introduce too much black in the uniform though. Calgary has done enough already doing that, and it has ruined their look.
Looking back on all Lions Grey Cup wins, (okay not all, but the ones I personally remember) it has always looked best when they won in their orange. 1985 and 2011. Just seems so powerful.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Not many teams in any league who use retro uni's have it turn out well...but for the Lions, it did...they were great...I would not mind one bit if they became our mainstays...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
David
Team Captain

I thought the Lions nailed last year's 70s retro - which they should keep as the main home uniform since we've carved such a strong identity with orange. I've heard some refer to us as the "orange and white," which is rather unfortunate given the club's history with burnt orange and black. Thanks to this creamsicle iteration from Reebok, who can blame them?

As for our current aways, orange pants on 300lb linemen can best be described as - to put it kindly - "regrettable." The simple yet effective orange sleeve with black pants, striped socks and black helmets (below) is light years ahead of the current aways. A home version of this look with black jersey and white pants could serve very well as our 3rds. Interestingly, the black 3rd is clearly the preferred look of the players from everything I've read in the papers and players I've talked to. Andrew Harris was even quoted as saying he was disappointed that he had to give up his jersey on the "shirt off our backs" day (September 10) he liked it so much. But to dtrain's point, if you're going to do "retro," it's best to keep it real. Hybrid uniforms that try to marry history with current trends don't work very well.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I don't really have a preference.

Although for the helmets I prefer the Paw logo, rather than the Cat's Head and BC.

The basic colours of Black and Orange are pretty cool. (The orange makes for good pumpkin heads. LOL)

Many combinations work well enough.

My preference for any teams' uniforms runs to primary, clean and simple. Read: Oakland Raiders and Penn State.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

My favourite all-time jersey is the black with orange trims.
BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

I don't care what they do to the jerseys as long as they stick with the current simple white logo helmets. that is very distinct and a GREAT looking football helmet.
Founder of the Bama BC Fan Club :towel:
MikeAK
All Star

TheLionKing wrote:My favourite all-time jersey is the black with orange trims.
Circa 94? That's my favorite and would love to see it return. Black with orange trim around name and numbers and the BCw/Lion head on the sleeve. That sucker was mean looking. I had mine stolen and haven't been able to replace it since.