No Lead is Safe....New CFL Promo....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Good stuff, but I'm sure Eskimo fans might disagree. Oh well, I guess we're bound to see the Lions (and everyone else) taking their turn as the Washington Generals in coming instalments.

Is the voiceover dialogue cribbed from another source or written fresh for this promo?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sasklionsfan
Rookie

Or maybe this Geroy Catch, I was at that game :D It was 3rd and 15 and we scored :P
[youtube][/youtube]

Skip to 3:28 because the link that would start at that time won't work with the embedding
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

This looks to be the second instalment of No Lead Is Safe:
[youtube][/youtube]
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

I like the script... but if I was going to nit pick I would point out that the closing super reads "every second counts", but in OT there is no game clock.
Rammer
Team Captain

Belize City Lion wrote:I like the script... but if I was going to nit pick I would point out that the closing super reads "every second counts", but in OT there is no game clock.
The game clock management and no ST work are the downfall of an otherwise decent premise for OT.
Entertainment value = an all time low
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:The game clock management and no ST work are the downfall of an otherwise decent premise for OT.
We still have field goal kicking, the one area of special teams in which the Lions excel. Wally even tried to punt once in OT. That didn't work out so well.
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
Rammer wrote:The game clock management and no ST work are the downfall of an otherwise decent premise for OT.
We still have field goal kicking, the one area of special teams in which the Lions excel. Wally even tried to punt once in OT. That didn't work out so well.
I think that the CFL could employ the KO for each side with the KO team lined up at the GL. That way the teams should reach the 40 or 45 on average, which would also allow teams with good ST's on either side of the ball to win games for their respective teams.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote: I think that the CFL could employ the KO for each side with the KO team lined up at the GL. That way the teams should reach the 40 or 45 on average, which would also allow teams with good ST's on either side of the ball to win games for their respective teams.
I'm pretty happy with the OT format in the CFL, except for the fact that you get the ball already in FG range. So the "shootout format" is really about who fails to score a TD first. I would prefer to see the ball placed on the 45 or a kick off from the goal line as Rammer suggests.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:I like the script... but if I was going to nit pick I would point out that the closing super reads "every second counts", but in OT there is no game clock.
Technically, that could mean "real" time rather than the game clock so I think they're off the hook. It actually says "watch every last second or you could miss everything"; the word "count" might have had stronger game clock connotations but doesn't appear.
barrymorgan88
prospect

I was at this game too! I will never forget it.
sasklionsfan wrote:Or maybe this Geroy Catch, I was at that game :D It was 3rd and 15 and we scored :P
[youtube][/youtube]

Skip to 3:28 because the link that would start at that time won't work with the embedding
Las Vegas Deals