Looks like first in the west will have to wait

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Calgary is totally steamrolling the riders. 37-3 atm. Cornish running wild on the rider d. Looks like they're back to their early season game, riders that is. Couldn't happen to a better team imo
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Good god those Riders are a HORRIBLE team. The beating we put on them last week was not a fluke... they really are that bad.
joe kapp22
Legend

Looks like the Ken Miller effect has worn off with the Stamps plastering the Riders today.

Sets up a huge matchup in the next game.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:Good god those Riders are a HORRIBLE team. The beating we put on them last week was not a fluke... they really are that bad.
Don't tell that to a Rider fan. Must admit I'm enjoying the Stamps beating on the Riders.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Belize City Lion wrote:Good god those Riders are a HORRIBLE team. The beating we put on them last week was not a fluke... they really are that bad.
Don't tell that to a Rider fan. Must admit I'm enjoying the Stamps beating on the Riders.
just browsing riderfans.com, nobody over there has anything good to say about their team.
Rodu
Champion

First is ours, Calgary is just keeping it warm for us at the moment.
joe kapp22
Legend

Well, looks we will have to do it ourselves, which should come as no surprise as that happened last yr as well.

Riders=Inconsistent Qb play+under talented Defence=poor results
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good things happen to people who wait.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

This is a purrfect set-up for Saturday's game. Instead of all the focus being on the Lions as the league's hottest team, it will be on needing to beat the Stamps to claim the season series and take over first place. The players should be motivated.
Rammer
Team Captain

joe kapp22 wrote:Looks like the Ken Miller effect has worn off with the Stamps plastering the Riders today.

Sets up a huge matchup in the next game.
Yep, that product and compete isn't going to go over well to the paying public. I also heard that Hopson 'blew a gasket', which should be the tip of the iceberg on the concern factor within the club.

I also agree with BC FAN, this is a great result for the Lions to make the game this coming weekend something to take from the Stamps, much easier to motivate the boys with that on the line. I also don't mind that the Riders have taken themselves out of our playoff race realistically, one down two to go.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Luke
All Star

I watched the game after work...good lord. Something is really wrong in Riderville. They were emotionless and legarthic. There was almost zero enthusiasm for anything they did. Getzlaf would make a big catch, no celebration. James Patrick made a big hit on Cornish, nobody celebrated, or got excited. They look as if they've completely mailed it in. They've pulled the rip cord. I hope they have enough pride to show up against Edmonton and at least give us sole possession of first place, assuming the Leos beat the Stamps next week. :pray:
pennw
Legend

Belize City Lion wrote:
just browsing riderfans.com, nobody over there has anything good to say about their team.
Isn't it fun to browse their board lately ?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Luke wrote:I watched the game after work...good lord. Something is really wrong in Riderville. They were emotionless and legarthic. There was almost zero enthusiasm for anything they did. Getzlaf would make a big catch, no celebration. James Patrick made a big hit on Cornish, nobody celebrated, or got excited. They look as if they've completely mailed it in. They've pulled the rip cord. I hope they have enough pride to show up against Edmonton and at least give us sole possession of first place, assuming the Leos beat the Stamps next week. :pray:
Well, IMO they did a nasty, spoiled, brattish thing getting rid of Greg Marshall and Doug Berry. They wanted their comfortable old coach back. There is a kickback for such bad behaviour. And Ken Miller should have been astute enough to prevent it happening. There is no way he should have been hanging around the locker room. There is no way he should have been attending practice, in practice strip, and talking to players. Terrible stuff.

What they have now in Regina is a mess. No matter to the league, though. Those fans will persevere. They are used to hardship. "Canada's Team" will be in the dumps for a while though.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I can' t believe with all the money they claim to make in Riderland that they don't at least have a QB coach right now. They have let themselves get too old. Their Dline and Oline are both horrible. Durant's passing is inconsistent. The Linebackers suck as does their secondary. About the only thing they have going for them right now is the receiving core. As much as I have disliked the Riders over the years (mostly because of their fans), I really don't want them completely in the tank for the next decade. They were pathetic for so long, they became "Canada's Team" because everybody felt so sorry for them. There have been segments of their fan base that have distinguished themselves among bad fans by their behaviours. Much of their vitriol has been directed at the Lions over the years. Derogatory comments about players and coaches, accusations of cheating (pumped in crowd noise), the famous beer tin incident and so on. Even so there are by in the large the most loyal fans in the league and are due some admiration for that alone. I hope that they can find a way to remain somewhat respectable.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
sasklionsfan
Rookie

While there are many loyal fans, a good amount of fans are bandwagon jumpers who believe the riders organization started in 2007. The average rider fan only cares if they win or lose, they usually only follow the team. They don't watch games on tv, or even go to see the games in person. They dress in green and white, but don't understand what it means, like a bad fashion statement than actually supporting the team. This year is redemption for all the haggling I've received as a lions fan since I started watching the cfl in '06 :yahoo: They act like Durant is godsend when his receivers made him look much better than he ever was. And leaving Mosaic last week was the best feeling ever :D

That aside: We are playing for first place next week :D We have won six in a row, and our offense is hot :P Bc Place looks great, and hopefully we'll be there when I come to see the grey cup next month :P