Lions @ Riders, Pre Game Odds and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

joe kapp22
Legend

Not saying any one of those guys will be better then who we currently have David, not at all, just curious as it stands to reason they were brought in due to someone either being waived, or signing elsewhere this offseason, or as insurance.

I'm not one of those dudes who thinks "oh, they were looked at by the NFL, clearly they are superior players then anyone in the CFL"

In fact, IMVHO when a player comes up there with the attitude of "just a pit stop on my way to the NFL" they are not going to make the team, that I've seen entirely to many times.

Riders getting some bodies back, won't matter though, they sort of live and die with how Durant is doing in any given game.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
sasklionsfan
Rookie

http://bclions.com/article/robertson-ta ... -of-mentor

According to this article Nick Moore is taking a back seat to Marco Iannuzzi and Paris Jackson.

Do maybe Paris might get the start this week or at least get a chance to make some catches :P
David
Team Captain

joe kapp22 wrote:Not saying any one of those guys will be better then who we currently have David, not at all, just curious as it stands to reason they were brought in due to someone either being waived, or signing elsewhere this offseason, or as insurance.

I'm not one of those dudes who thinks "oh, they were looked at by the NFL, clearly they are superior players then anyone in the CFL"

In fact, IMVHO when a player comes up there with the attitude of "just a pit stop on my way to the NFL" they are not going to make the team, that I've seen entirely to many times.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you don't know what you're talking about or you're "wowed" by guys who've been to NFL camps or NFL rosters. Just meant it more for general consumption as some people might assume this is "an airlift" to potentially have these guys start this season. Could be, but I suspect it's more of a move for the future.

Cheers.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
sasklionsfan
Rookie

Anyways if anybody else here is going to the game I'll be the big white guy in the orange Martell Mallet jersey and my dad will probably wearing a black brent johnson jersey :P Hope to see some orange at the game, and hopefully we come away with a win on Saturday :D
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
kacbru wrote:
sasklionsfan wrote:Its been a while since I posted on here, partially due to me forgetting my username for the longest time XD But I was wondering if there were any other lions fans going to the game Saturday? There usually aren't many there, but its much easier for me to go to a game in Regina, living in Saskatoon, as it is going to Vancouver :P

Also I'm going to predict the score right now: Bc 35 Sask 14 :D
This lion fan is going. Unfortunately, I've left it up to my rider buddies to arrange the tickets, so I'm always fearful that they'll only get 12 tickets for the 13 of us!
Oh I am sure that the Rider fans will find a way to put 13 of you in 12 spots. :cool:
This is a candidate for post of the year IMO!
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Blitz
Team Captain

Looks like we've decided to go with a Canadian receiver to start at shortside wide receiver as Moore is dropped from the lineup.

I hoped it would be Paris Jackson starting and Iannuzzi being given rotational reps in the postion but it's going to be the other way around. Iannuzzi will start and Paris might be given some reps.

We weren't getting much out of the import position so its a good move. Iannuzzi brings speed. As for Paris Jackson the writing is more on the wall now and I hope he goes elsewhere next season. At 31 years old, coming off two 1000 yard seasons and around 800 receiving yards last season while dealing with two serious injuries Paris Jackson can still play.

In the meantime, the dropping of Moore means Jamal Robertson will be brought back into the lineup. That gives us Harris, Lee, Brown, and Robertson to potentially get reps at tailback but likely Lee will only get special teams work.

Hameister-Rees returns as a backup, with Newman remaining at starting guard.

Looking forward to seeing Iannuzzi playing and sure hoping that Paris gets some reps in the shortside wide receiver spot.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
joe kapp22
Legend

Well, having JHR is a nice plus, especially when we don't "need" him right now.

Just realized this is a 3pm game, I would have tried to tune in at 7 or so and been very disappointed otherwise.

As for Paris Jackson, to me it looks like he and Iannuzzi are going head to head for reps, best man wins the job from here on out maybe?
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Ummm if you tune in at 3 you'll be disappointed too because it starts at 1 :) Unless you don't live here on the wet coast. ;)
Real women wear orange!!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

joe kapp22 wrote:Well, having JHR is a nice plus, especially when we don't "need" him right now.

Just realized this is a 3pm game, I would have tried to tune in at 7 or so and been very disappointed otherwise.

As for Paris Jackson, to me it looks like he and Iannuzzi are going head to head for reps, best man wins the job from here on out maybe?
I think Wally has tipped his hand. He wants to go with Iannuzzi, with PJ as backup. I hope Iannuzzi is up to the task.

Wally seems to have virtually given up on PJ. It is as if the medical people, or Wally, have no hope for PJ, but PJ still believes. It is strange. PJ looks good physically at practice, and professes to be 100%.
joe kapp22
Legend

WestCoastJoe wrote:
joe kapp22 wrote:Well, having JHR is a nice plus, especially when we don't "need" him right now.

I think Wally has tipped his hand. He wants to go with Iannuzzi, with PJ as backup. I hope Iannuzzi is up to the task.

Wally seems to have virtually given up on PJ. It is as if the medical people, or Wally, have no hope for PJ, but PJ still believes. It is strange. PJ looks good physically at practice, and professes to be 100%.
Imo Wally puts players in bad positions by forcing them to play with injuries before they are healed, when the negative happens, he then replaces them.

Wally has been known to miss on his player Evals and PJax could very well be another in a line of them if he is waived or what have you.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

joe kapp22 wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:

Imo Wally puts players in bad positions by forcing them to play with injuries before they are healed, when the negative happens, he then replaces them.

Wally has been known to miss on his player Evals and PJax could very well be another in a line of them if he is waived or what have you.
PJ is a big, talented, good hands, possession type receiver at this point. He can still get some long passes, but has very little run after catch potential. In other words, some CFL team would snap him up if he is released next year.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:Ummm if you tune in at 3 you'll be disappointed too because it starts at 1 :)
Maybe it's a good thing.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:
PJ is a big, talented, good hands, possession type receiver at this point. He can still get some long passes, but has very little run after catch potential. In other words, some CFL team would snap him up if he is released next year.
There is no question in my mind that this is Jackson's last season as a Lion. The writing is on the wall all season.
joe kapp22
Legend

CatsEyes wrote:Ummm if you tune in at 3 you'll be disappointed too because it starts at 1 :) Unless you don't live here on the wet coast. ;)

I'm on the East Coast.