Ticats cut veterans McDaniel, Francis

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

donefron
Starter

While many veteran salaries become guaranteed after Week 9, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats have cut a pair of experienced players, but not because they will be salary cap hits.
Sportsnet first reported Wednesday that wide receiver Marquay McDaniel and defensive back Daniel Francis were released by the Tabbies.
McDaniel, who has battled injuries this season, was deemed expendable with the return of Maurice Mann to the lineup. Meanwhile Francis, who began his career with the Saskatchewan Roughriders, did not have the body type to fit in Corey Chamblin's secondary.
Also Wednesday, the Calgary Stampeders announced the signing of Canadian linebacker Justin Conn.
BY ARASH MADANI
sportsnet.ca

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... 2C+Francis
Anglophone
All Star

Will Wally bring in another aging vet?
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

The only vet Wally would bring back now would be Manny Arceneaux. McDaniel and Francis are nothing more than filler.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
The_Pauser
Legend

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:The only vet Wally would bring back now would be Manny Arceneaux. McDaniel and Francis are nothing more than filler.
Agreed. If we didn't make the trade for Bruce then I could see us being interested, but at this point there really isn't any room for him. Arceneaux is a guy you make room for.
Roar you Lions roar!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:The only vet Wally would bring back now would be Manny Arceneaux. McDaniel and Francis are nothing more than filler.
Heard that Arceneaux has made the grade with the Vikings.